Department of Water Supply and Sanitation, Punjab Recruitment 2014 for Junior Engineers and Junior Draftsmen
Department of Water Supply and Sanitation, Govt. of Punjab has been working as one of the most diverse departments for the agriculturally rich state of Punjab. This department bears a significant burden in maintaining sanitation in the state along with supplying safe and healthy drinking water to the peoples at large.
With the recent notification, the Department of Water Supply and Sanitation, Govt. of Punjab is inviting competent candidates for engagement of 120 Junior Engineers and 30 Junior Draftsmen in the department. The applications are being invited through Online mode through the Thapar University portal (http://www.thapar.edu/).
The eligibility criteria and mode of application are as follows:
- Availability of on-line Application form on website: 01-Nov-2013
- Last Date for applying Online Application Form: 29-Nov-2013
- Last Date for Receiving Hardcopy of Completed Application Form: 10-Dec-2013
- Processing Application Forms: 20-Dec-2013 till 29-Jan-2014
- Downloading of Admit Card online: 15-Jan-2014 onwards
- Date for Written Test: 09-Feb-2014 (Sunday)
Details of Vacancies:
- Judgment Engineer (JE): 120 Positions (UR-61, SC-12, ST-12, BC-12, Ex-SM-UR-08, Ex-SM-SC-05, Ex-SM-BC-02, Sportspersons-04, PWD-03, dependents of Freedomfighters-01)
- Junior Draftsman (JDM): 30 Positions (UR-17, SC-03, ST-03, BC-02, Ex-SM-UR-01, Ex-SM-SC-02, Ex-SM-BC-01, Sportspersons-01)
- Judgment Engineer (JE): The candidates selected for the posts will be eligible to receive a scale of Rs.10300 – Rs.34800 per month with a Grade Pay of Rs.4800. The initial emoluments will be around Rs.18250 + allowances.
- Junior Draftsman (JDM): The candidates selected for the posts will be eligible to receive a scale of Rs.10300 – Rs.34800 per month with a Grade Pay of Rs.3200. The initial emoluments will be around Rs.13500 + allowances.
Education & Academics (by 29-Nov-2013):
- Judgment Engineer (JE): The candidates should have completed Diploma in Civil or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Candidates having Degree in the above branches of Engineering will be preferred for these posts.
- Junior Draftsman (JDM): The candidates should have completed Certificate in Civil Draftsman by State Board of Technical Education. Candidates having Degree/ Diploma in Architecture will be preferred for these posts.
- Applicants must have passed the Proficiency in Punjabi Language up to Matriculation Examination as a compulsory/optional subject
Age as on 01-Jan-2012:
- A candidate must not have crossed 38 years of age and should be over 18 years to be eligible to apply.
- However upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST and other reserved category of candidates of Punjab as per the norms of the state.
- For General Category: Rs.1000
- For Reserved Category (SC/ST): Rs.750
- The fees can be remitted in shape of a Demand Draft in favour of DWSSP-2013, Thapar University, and should be payable at Patiala, Panjab.
- The candidates should write their Name, Application Number, Mobile number and sign on the reverse side of Demand Draft
Mode of Selection:
- The select list of the candidates will be done through a Written Test scheduled to be held on 09-Feb-2014 at Patiala in order of their merit.
- No extra weightage shall be admissible to the Applicants possessing higher qualification or experience.
How To Apply:
- Candidates must apply through ONLINE mode of application as available at the website of Thapar University at http://www.thapar.edu/
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement available at http://dwssp.thapar.edu/govt/notification.pdf prior to applying Online.
- After completing the application form with factual details, the applicants are advised to submit the hardcopy of the same by Registered Post/ Courier to the address mentioned below and keep a copy of the application for future reference.
- Address to send the completed Application Form:
The In-charge, DWSSP-Cell
Thapar University, Patiala-147004 (Punjab)
- The envelope containing Application form, Demand Draft and Certificate copies must be super-scribed as mentioned below before dispatching it:
“Application Form for recruitment of 120 Junior Engineers in DWSS Pb.”
“Application Form for recruitment of 30 Junior Draftsmen in DWSS Pb.”
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>