CSIR HRD Extra Mural Research Division-I Opens A Magnanimous Opportunity To Join As SRF And RA
Advt No.: 2012/ I
Research and Development is one of the most sought after career options for any person. This allows a person to be delveloped into his specialization and compete with the peak of knowledge with acquired skills and applied research. With this motive of offering experienced students an opportunity for touching the peak of career options, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) invites competent applications from Indian men and women for its various positions of Senior Research Fellowships (SRF), SRF (Extended) and Research Associateships (RA).
The candidates selected on their merit performance will be able to undergo training in various methods of research and development under expert guidance of faculty members and Scientists in multiple spheres of laboratories of Institutes, Government departments, Universities and Industrial establishments in Science and Technology.
The details of the award of SRF, SRF (Extended) and RA can be found underneath for appraisal:
Awards for which applications are invited:
- Senior Research Fellowships (SRF)
- Senior Research Fellowships (SRF- Extended)
- Research Associateship (RA)
Mode of Application:
The applications can be submitted ONLINE only and thereby followed by a physical submission of copy of ONLINE Application along with other physical documents to the address mentioned below on the specified dates.
The Scientist-In-Charge, EMR-I,
Human Resource Development Group,
CSIR Complex, Library Avenue,
Pusa, New Delhi – 110 012
Any other mode of application or only ONLINE / OFFLINE submission will not be treated eligible for consideration.
Last date for submission of ONLINE Application: 31st of July 2012
Final date for receipt of physical documents: 9th of August 2012
Maximum Age Limit as on last date of submission of application form:
- Senior Research Fellowships (SRF): 32 years
- Senior Research Fellowships (Extended): 33 years
- Research Associateship: 35 years
The candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Classes, Women, and Physically Challenged persons will be eligible for relaxation up to 5 years in the upper age limit only through production of valid documents in support of their claims.
Specific Criteria for Specific Awards:
- Senior Research Fellowships (SRF):
A candidate applying for the Fellowship must have obtained MSc/ BE/ Btech degree with minimum 55% in aggregate and One publication in SCI journal and should have completed at least 2 years in post educational research by the final date of application. (Testified by the document in support of date of registration in PhD or Fellowship/ Associate)
Or, A candidate who has completed his technical qualification in ME/ MTech with 60% in aggregate
Or, A candidate who has completed MBBS/ BDS with one year of internship
Or, A candidate securing 55% in aggregate through BPharm/ BVSc/ BSc(Ag) or equivalent and One publication in SCI journal and should have completed at least 2 years in post educational research by the final date of application. (Testified by the document in support of date of registration in PhD or Fellowship/ Associate)
Or, A candidate securing 55% in aggregate through MPharm/ MVSc/ MSc(Ag) or equivalent and having at least 1 year experience in post educational research by the final date of application. (Testified by the document in support of date of registration in PhD or Fellowship/ Associate)
Or, MPharm or equivalent degree with at least 60% marks in aggregate
Special point to be noted:
i) All essential documents in support of research, teaching (not below undergraduate level) and PhD registration must be attached by the candidate
ii) The candidates who have been awarded PhD/ MD/ MDS/ MS Degree or who have submitted their final thesis for consideration of such degrees will not be eligible to apply for this fellowship
iii) The candidates who will be eligible for RA will not be eligible of SRF positions
The fellowships are fulltime engagement and required candidates to be dedicatedly employed in the fellowships during their tenure. If a candidate applying for the fellowship is presently employed, they will have to submit an undertaking stating that they will resign from the present jobs if the fellowship is awarded to them.
The candidates selected for SRF will be eligible for a stipend in the range of Rs.18000 – Rs.20000 per month along with a lump sum of Rs.20000 per annum as contingency provisions. The candidates will also be offered Rs.3000 lump sum upon submission of their e-thesis for PhD (details can be obtained at www.urdip.res.in)
Tenure of Fellowship:
The initial tenure of Fellowships will be for two years which may be considered for enhancement for another one year. At no circumstances the tenure can be more than three years for a CSIR Fellowship. The combined tenure of JRF and SRF will be of maximum 5 years.
- Senior Research Fellowships (SRF – Extended):
All the candidates who have submitted their PhD/ MD/ MS/ MDS thesis for final degree award can be considered under such category. They need to submit their documentation in proof of their PhD enrollment and submission of thesis paper. They must have at least one publication published in Standard Refereed Journal as in Journal Citation Report (JCR).
The candidates selected for SRF-Extended will be offered employment for one year only with a standard stipend of Rs.20000 only per month.
The candidates, who are expecting to be awarded PhD by the time of interview, may submit their research proposal as applicable for RA.
- Senior Research Fellowships (SRF – Extended):
The applicant should have obtained a PhD Degree (in Science and Engineering subjects) by the time of application
Or, The applicant should have obtained MD/ MDS/ MS (in Medical science subjects) with three years of research experience
Or, The applicant should have obtained ME/ MTech/ MPharm/ MVSc with three years of research experience
And, The candidate must have published one research journal in the Standard Refereed Journal as listed in Journal Citation Reports (JCR)
Special point to be noted:
i) Employed candidates (on permanent/ temporary basis) or those who have availed SRF will not be eligible to apply for RA
The candidates selected for RA will be eligible for a stipend in the range of Rs.22000 – Rs.24000 per month along with a lump sum of Rs.20000 per annum as contingency provisions.
Tenure of Associateship:
The initial tenure of RA will be for one year which may be considered for enhancement for another two years upon description of CSIR. At no circumstances the tenure can be more than three years for a CSIR Research Associateship.
- The selection will be conducted on a merit basis through Personal Interview considering the academic performance, research specialization through a high level selection panel.
- The SC/ ST candidates will be eligible to receive second class rail fair for appearing for the interview
- The CSIR reserved the right to call or not call a candidate for appearing for interview
- Candidates applying for the fellowships and associateships under code STS 71 and TDR 81 need to refer to the complete advertisement for checking their eligibility provisions at http://csirhrdg.res.in/srfra.pdf
- The candidates can apply for a single position / fellowship only.
- The degree cited against educational/ academic excellence must be obtained prior to the date of interview. Unaccounted period if any may lead the candidature for rejection.
- Only office orders will be accepted in support of experience and research and proof of PhD. No testimonial will be accepted as proof of research experience
- The candidates need to bring all original documentary evidence for verification at the time of appearing interview
- The applications will be processed on the basis of Online Application only. Hence, candidates are advised to fill up the Online Application with acute care and diligence.
- Those who have applied thrice already, need not apply for the positions
- Decision of CSIR will be final and binding on the candidates
- Influence in any term or canvassing will be dealt seriously
How to Apply:
The candidates interested to apply can do so at the website of the CSIR at www.csirhrdg.res.in
The candidates need to obtain a printed copy of the online application after complete submission online and need to attach the following documents and send that to the address as mentioned above
a) Detail description of proposed research topic, its aim, objectives, technical program and year-wise work plan (within 1000 words)
b) Attested copies of School leaving certificate and other essential educational qualification, caste certificate and experience proof as well as PhD enrollment proof
c) Attested copy of documents in support of research experience
d) Attested copy of the research paper (published/ accepted for publications)
e) Testimonial from Guide and/ or Supervisor
f) Undertaking to resign from current job is the candidate is employed
g) Attestation from the Head of proposed Institution/ University by the Head of Institution at the space provided in Online Application Form
- The candidates are requested to provide their email ID for further correspondence
- CSIR-HRDG will not be responsible for any miscommunication arising out of improper email ID specification
- There will be no application fee
- The subject preferred for research should be specified in Bold Letters on the top of envelop
- Applications received after due date for submission will be summarily rejected
For more detail on this advertisement please refer to http://csirhrdg.res.in/srfra.pdf
Medical & Pharmaceutical Sciences – MEDIC 11
Biochemistry, Biophysics, Immunology, Microbiology & Physiology of Living Systems – LIFE 12
General Biology, Genetics & Molecular Biology – GEN BIO 13
Organic Chemical Sciences – CHEM 21
Inorganic & Analytical Chemical Sciences – CHEM 22
Physical Chemical Sciences – CHEM 23
Material Sciences – CHEM 24
Earth, Ocean, Environmental, Atmosphere & Planetary Sciences – EARTH 31
Aeronautical, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical & Metallurgical Engineering Sciences – ENG 41
Agro-Bio, Physico-, Chemico-, & Food-Textile Technology – ENG 42
Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation & Computer Engineering Sciences – ENG 43
Mathematical (Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics) Sciences – MATH 51
Astronomy/Astro Physics/Atomic Physics/Molecular Physics – PHYS 61
Nuclear Physics/Particle Physics – PHYS 62
Solid State Physics/Material Sciences – PHYS 63
Applied Physics – PHYS 64
Science & Technology Studies (R&D Management & Planning, MIS, Manpower Planning etc.) – STS 71
Trans Disciplinary Research – TDR 81
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>