Central Selection Board of Constable Recruitment Notification for 11783 Constables
Advertisement No: 01/2014
Who Can Apply:
Gender: Both Male & Female
Central Selection Board of Constable (CSBC) is responsible for centralized constable recruitment for all services including Fire service. There are segregated sections of CSBC for different state level cadres, which manage the recruitment process at the state level. With competent selection norms this board finalized recruitment curriculum and selects candidates for enhancing the human resource of the organizations.
With the recent notification from the CSBC, Bihar, applications are being invited against vacancies for Constables in Bihar Police Service for the year 2014. Detailed information regarding this advertisement can be obtained from the website of CSBC, Bihar at www.csbc.bih.nic.in
The details of the conditions for this departmental examination are briefed as under:
Name of the vacancies: Constables in Bihar Police
Cadre of recruitment: Bihar Police Service (in accordance with the notification from Bihar Home Department)
- Starting date for Sale of Application form: 21-Jan-2014
- Last date for Sale/ Receipt of application form: 28-Feb-2014
Number of Vacancies: 11783 Vacancies
- Reservation will be applicable for various categories as per state government norms. It will benefit only native candidates of Bihar State. Other State/UT applicants will be treated under unreserved category
- The candidates can state their preference in various cadres of police service (Such as Bihar Police/ Bihar Military Police/ District Railway Police etc.)
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The selected candidates selected as Constables in Bihar Police will be entitled to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with Grade Pay of Rs.2000.
- The candidates will also be eligible for other facilities and remunerations as per norms.
Who Can Apply:
Gender: Both Male & Female
Age: 18-23 years as on 01-Jan-2014
- Upper age limit will be relaxed for 2 years for Male Candidates from BC and EBC and 3 years for female candidates from BC & EBC.
- For SC/ ST candidates this relaxation will be applicable for 5 years for both Male and Female candidates
Academics: The candidates must have completed 10th/ SSC or Matriculation or Equivalent from a recognized board
Minimum Physical Fitness: The candidates applying for the Constable positions will have to pass the Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test to be eligible for selection.
Height: 165 cm (Gen), 162 cm (BC/ EBC), 160 cm (SC/ST), 158 cm (Gurkha) & 155 cm (all category women)
Weight: In proportion to height
Chest (only for men): 81 cm (unexpanded-general) with minimum 5 cm expansion (This will be relaxed for other categories)
Application Form and Fees:
The application form can be availed from the designated Post Offices as mentioned by the CSBC in Bihar (Check the website of CSBC at http://www.csbc.bih.nic.in/).
The candidates have to remit the requisite application fees in shape of fee for purchase of Application form.
- Unreserved, BC and EBC (both Male and Female): Rs.200 (Pink Color Application Form)
- SC, ST (both Male and Female): Rs. 75 (Brown Color Application Form)
- The candidates applying for the jobs must pass through the Physical Fitness Test and appear for a written examination on the designated date.
- The selection will be made on the basis of results of written examination and the Personal Interview
How to Apply:
- The applicants have to apply through prescribed application form purchased from the designated Post Offices from Bihar state
- All information should be filled as requested in the application form
- The candidates need to put their signature and affix photographs at the designated spaces
- The application form must be filled in the candidate’s own handwriting
- Overwriting, Cutting and Erasing will disqualify the Application form
- Application form must be filled in English language only
Where to send the application Form:
- The application completed in all respect must be sent to “The Secretary, Central Selection Board of Constable, Back Harding Road, Patna, Bihar-800001” so as to reach the same by 28-Feb-2014.
- The application form can also be dropped by hand at the counter of the Officer of the Secretary, CSBC at Back Harding Road on working days in between 9 AM to 5 PM. Candidate has to submit the application form personally at the office counter.
- Please do not attach any form of certificate with the application form
- Application must be folded as per the indicated markings and should be submitted in a right sized envelop
- The application should be sent through Speed Post and Registered Post only
- Keep a copy of the filled in Application Form for future reference
- The Application Form Number is vital and you must keep that for reference
- The decision of the Board will be final and binding on the candidates
- No form of personification or canvassing will be excused.
One must refer to official advertisement here CSBC Bihar Police Constable Recruitment Exam 2014 to get complete information.