(Only for the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Tripura)
CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force) is one of the most responsible forces under the central Command of Central Armed Police Force. This force has won quite a number of recognitions in counter-insurgency operations, combating Naxalite movements, and operating as a special task force for safe keeping border intrusions. This force has been called for duty as a special force for law and order situations as well as peace-keeping initiatives. This is one of the highly acclaimed forces of India, and is reckoned for their swift actions of bravery and gallantry.
With the recent announcement, the CRPF, North-Eastern sector has announced notification for induction of Constables in Technical and Tradesman cadre for various positions of Driver/ Fitter / Bugler / Tailor / Brass Band /Cobbler / Gardener / Carpenter/Painter / Cook / Water Carrier / Safai Karmachari / Barber / Washer Man, etc from eligible candidates from the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Tripura. The vacancies are open for men and women category and eligible candidates who wish to join this prestigious force can apply through the below mentioned procedure.
The details of the recruitment procedure and essential eligibility are as follows:
- Date of publication of Notification: 15-Oct-2013
- Last date of receipt of application: 11-Nov-2013 by 1700 Hours
Name of the Posts: Constable (Technical/ Tradesman)
Details of the Posts & Vacancies (State-wise):
- Assam: Total 174 Posts (Male-171 & Female-03)
(Male: Gen-86, Gen-Ex-SM-06, OBC-45, OBC-Ex-SM-04, SC-10, ST-18, ST-Ex-SM-02 & Female: Gen-03)
- Meghalaya: Total 30 Posts (Male Only & Gen-19, ST-11)
- Arunanchal Pradesh: Total 12 Posts (Male only & Gen-09, ST-03)
- Manipur: Total 70 Posts (Male-66, Female-04) (Male:Gen-32, Gen-Ex-SM-02, OBC-10, SC-01, ST-20, ST-Ex-SM-01 & Female:Gen-04)
- Nagaland: Total 108 Posts (Male-106 [Gen-56, Gen-Ex-SM-02, ST-46, ST-Ex-SM-02], Female-02 [Gen])
- Tripura: Total 83 Posts (Male: 81 [Gen-37, Gen-Ex-SM-05, OBC-04, SC-13, ST-20, ST-Ex-SM-02] & Female-Gen-02)
- Mizoram: Total 12 Posts (Male only [Gen-10, ST-02])
- Only male and female applicants, who are permanent natives of respective states as mentioned above only, are eligible to participate in this recruitment procedure.
- The candidates who have passed matriculation examination or its equivalent from a recognized Board of Central or State Government are eligible to apply for these positions.
- For post of Constable (Driver), the candidates should have a valid “Transport Vehicle” driving license and pass the driving test during test.
- For post of Constable (Fitter), the candidates must possess either 2 year ITI Diploma Certificate in “Mechanic Motor Vehicle” trade issued by NCVT and should have at least 1 year experience in the trade. Wards of CRPF employees, who have undergone training in ITI run by CRPF, will be exempted from one year practical experience.
- For post of Constable (Bugler / Tailor / Brass Band / Cobbler / Carpenter / Gardener / Painter / Cook / Water Carrier / Safai Karmachari / Barber / Washer Man), candidates should be having good working knowledge of trade
- NOTE: Candidates should qualify trade test at the time of recruitment process.
- A candidate must have attained minimum 18 years of age and should not have exceed 23 years as on 01-January-2014 to be eligible for this selection.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC & Ex-servicemen in accordance with the Governments orders.
- For all candidates 162.5 cm (152.5 cm for female) (from Gorkhas of Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) and all Scheduled Tribes candidates hailing from the North-Eastern States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura and Left Wing Extremism affected districts only)
- For ST Candidates of the above mentioned regions will be 160 cm (147.5 cm for Female)
- For Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the States of Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir will be 165 cms for male and 155 cms for females
- Minimum Height is 170 cms for all other candidates.
- Weight: Proportionate to height
- Chest: 80 Cm (76 cm for ST) without expansion and 85 cm (81 cm for ST) with expansion (please refer detailed advertisement for details of relaxation)
- NOTE: Relaxation will be provided for the appropriate category of candidates and women as per rules.
- The applicants gets selected as Constables (Tradesman/ Technical) will be receiving a monthly remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 with a grade Pay of Rs.2000 in PB-I along with other allowances and perks.
- All the posts are combatised and purely temporary but likely to continue. The selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in India or outside India and the service has all India liability.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done abiding the following procedure:
- Stage-I: Physical Standard Test & Physical Endurance Test
- Stage-II: Written Examination
- Stage-III: Trade Test (Practical & qualifying nature)
- Stage-IV: Medical Examination
- Review Medical Examination (for those who appeal against Medical Examination)
- Announcement of Merit List
The interested candidates should remit a fee of Rs.50 (Rupees fifty only) in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order/ Demand Draft/ Banker’s Cheque in favor of concerned DIG, Group Centre, CRPF. The details can be availed at the website at http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_19140_42_1314b.pdf
How to Apply:
- The applicants should apply through the Prescribed format as available at the website http://crpf.nic.in/ or at http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_19140_42_1314b.pdf
- All candidates will also send two self addressed envelopes of 4”x9” size duly affixing postage stamps for Rs.22 thereon, along with their applications.
- The candidates should ensure that they apply with complete details with proper facts and information
- The candidates should apply for only one trade. In case of multiple trade applications, the candidates will be considered for any one trade only.
- The candidates should ensure photocopies of Certificates to be attached with the application form
- Domicile Certificate (must), Sports certificate, NCC certificate, Caste Certificate, Character Certificate should also be attached with the application
- The application completed in all respect and attached with the fee and other essential can be dropped in the drop box by hand or can be send through post to reach the concerned offices of DIG, Group Centre, CRPF before the last date notified (11-Nov-2013)
- The envelope containing application form and other essential documents must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CONSTABLE (TECHNICAL/ TRADESMEN)–2014-15”
- Any form of canvassing will be subject to disqualification.