Ever since globalization transformed the transport sector, national boundaries become thin for penetration by trade, creating the need for flexible and convenient transport solutions. Containerization was the by-products of this requirement and was poised to change the transport of cargo, moving it swiftly through sea and land connectivity. Goods are now being transported by lorry to the port, unloaded into a warehouse and then reloaded into the ship piece by piece.
Container Corporation of India Ltd. (CONCOR), is a Blue-chip Miniratna Public Sector Undertaking under the administrative control of Ministry of Railways. CONCOR is the leader in the field of Containerized Multimodal Logistics Services in India. CONCOR also provides facilities for cargo storage, customs clearance and other value added services like bonded warehousing, bonded trucking, LCL consolidation etc. through vast network of container terminals (ICDs/DCTs/CFSs/PSCTs).
Exploring the possibilities for strategic alliances, and for optimal utilization of infrastructure as well as expansion into other segments of the value chain, CONCOR invited competent applications from candidates who would be interested to join as Stenographer (Grade-I) in the Corporation.
The details of the eligibility criteria and the essential credentials are mentioned as under:
Posts to be Filled Up: Stenographer (Grade-I)
Post Code: SG-I
Total Number of vacancies: 05 Posts (OBC-03, UR-02) out of which PWD-LV-01
- Last date for receipt of Completed Application: 04-Jun-2014
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The candidates getting selected as Stenographer (Grade-I) will be eligible to receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.9120 – Rs.20500 in the IDA pattern with annual increment of 3%.
Educational Eligibility Factor (as on 01-May-2014):
- The candidates must have completed Bachelors Degree in any discipline.
- They should have passed a course/ exam of Stenography/ Secretarial Practice with a Stenography/Shorthand speed of 80 words per minute in English and Typing Speed of 40 words per minute.
- They are desired to have additional qualification in Hindi Stenography.
- Knowledge of Computer Operation is essential for all candidates
Age Factor (as on 01-May-2014):
- Desiring candidates should not have attained the maximum age of 28 years as on 01-May-2014
- However, relaxation is applicable as per rules for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- For General and OBC candidates: Rs.150
- For SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen: Fees exempted
- The fees can be paid in the form of crossed demand draft in favor of “Container Corporation of India Ltd.” drawn at New Delhi
- Post applied for, name of the candidate and date of birth should also be mentioned on the back side of the Demand Draft.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection process may consist of a Written Test/ Skill Test/ Interview for all these posts. The selection will be done on a merit ranking basis
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply through the prescribed format of application as available through the website of CONCOR India on its career section at http://www.concorindia.co.in or at http://www.concorindia.com/
- The candidates are requested to go through the detailed advertisement at the website of CONCOR at http://www.concorindia.com/upload/rectU/photo/img/pic184steno.pdf, before applying.
- Two recent attested passport-size photographs should be attached with the application.
- After applying, candidate is required to keep a copy of the Application Form for future reference.
- The Original Application Form along with necessary certificates and other essential enclosures must be enclosed in an envelope and should be sent to the following address so as to reach by the last date prescribed (04-June-2014)
- Envelope containing the application should be superscripted with the name of the post applied for, name of candidate, and date of birth of the candidate.
- Candidates may also submit their applications in Hindi.
- The candidates are Candidates are advised to regularly visit ‘HR & Career’ Section – ‘Recruitment Notices’ Sub-Section of CONCOR Website http://www.concorindia.co.in for updates and notifications
- Address to send detailed application form:
The Senior General Manager (HR)
Container Corporation of India Ltd.
CONCOR Bhawan, C-3, Mathura Road, New Delhi – 110076.