Incorporated in the year 1972, Cochin Shipyard is as a fully owned Government of India company and has been conferred Miniratna status. In the last 30 years of its operation, the company has emerged as a forerunner in the Indian Shipbuilding & Ship-repair industry. This yard has been functioning with a capacity to build and repair the largest vessels in India. This shipyard has delivered two of India’s largest double hull Aframax tankers each of 95,000 DWT. It has also received many shipbuilding orders from international companies from Europe & Middle East and is nominated to build the country’s first indigenous Air Defense Ship.
With the present requirement for induction of various Workmen cadres, the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) invites competent applicants in various categories of Tradesmen for appointment on contract basis as Fabrication/ Outfit Assistants and Crane Operator (EOT Crane)/ General Fabricator/ Outfitter/ Crane Operator (EOT).
The details of the vacancies and criteria vital are detailed as under:
Most important Dates:
- Date of advertisement: 20-June-2014
- Starting date of Submission of Online Application: 02-July-2014
- Last date for Submission of Online Application: 12-July-2014
- Date for reckoning age: 01-June-2014
- Date of commencement of Practical Test and Interview: 20-July-2014
Details of vacancies: (Trade Wise)
- Sheet Metal Worker: 132 Posts
- Welder: 21 Posts
- Fitter Pipe (Plumber): 97 Posts
- Diesel Mechanic: 22 Posts
- Instrument Mechanic: 09 Posts
- Electrician: 08 Posts
- Electronic Mechanic: 02 Posts
- Shipwright Wood: 02 Posts
- Painter: 15 Posts
10. Crane Operator (EOT Cranes): 04 Posts
Category Wise Job Positions:
- Fabrication/ Outfit Assistant/ Crane Operator
- General Fabricator/ Outfitter/ Crane Operator
Pay scale and Remunerations:
- Fabrication/ Outfit Assistant/ Crane Operator: The candidates selected for these Posts will be receiving a consolidated Pay of Rs.14000 per month and additional compensation for extra hours of work limited to Rs.4200 per month.
- General Fabricator/ Outfitter/ Crane Operator: The candidates selected for these Posts will be receiving a consolidated Pay of Rs.12000 per month and additional compensation for extra hours of work limited to Rs.3500 per month.
- Other allowances and facilities will be applicable as per norms of CSL.
Age of the applicants:
- The Age of the candidates should not exceed 35 years as on 01-June-2014.
- However there is relaxation in upper age limit by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for PWD candidates and similarly for Ex-Sm candidates as per rules.
Educational Qualification & Experience:
- Fabrication/ Outfit Assistant/ Crane Operator: The applicant must have passed SSLC along with ITI (National Trade Certificate) Or, All India National Trade Test (National Apprenticeship Certificate) in concerned trades. These candidates should have at least 3 years of post qualification experience.
- General Fabricator/ Outfitter/ Crane Operator: The applicant must have passed SSLC along with ITI (National Trade Certificate) in concerned trades. These candidates should have at least 3 years of post qualification experience.
- For Crane Operators the experience should be in operating EOT cranes in a Shipyard or Engineering Company
- For all other posts the experience should be in a Shipyard or Engineering Company
Period of Contract:
- The candidates will be engaged in CSL for a contractual period of 2 years from the date of their joining.
- The selection will be done on the basis of a Written Test (if required), Practical Test, Trade Test and an Interview (as applicable) at the Cochin Shipyards Limited or as desired by CSL.
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply ONLINE only as available at the website of Cochin Shipyard Limited at www.cochinshipyard.com
- The applicants should ensure that they understand the vital requirements of the positions as detailed at http://cochinshipyard.com//careers/welder%20on%20contract%20June%20%202014.pdf before applying online.
- The candidates should choose the correct post and fill the right information and can apply for any one post only.
- After completion of filling of Application, the applicants need to make copies of the Application and keep that copy along with other essential documents (originals and copy) so as to be produced during the Interview Process.
- Only those candidates who meet the required qualifications and with post qualification experience need apply and attend the interview. Applicants who fail to produce the original certificates will not be allowed to attend the interview/practical test.