No. P&A/2(230)/10 | Date: 02-April-2013 – Incorporated in the year 1972, Cochin Shipyard is as a fully owned Government of India company. In the last 30 years of its operation, the company has emerged as a forerunner in the Indian Shipbuilding & Ship-repair industry. This yard has been functioning with a capacity to build and repair the largest vessels in India. This shipyard has delivered two of India’s largest double hull Aframax tankers each of 95,000 DWT. It has also received many shipbuilding orders from international companies from Europe & Middle East and is nominated to build the country’s first indigenous Air Defense Ship.
With the present requirement for induction of Workmen on Contract basis, the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) invites the applicants for the job positions in IAC and FPV Projects through prescribed format of application.
The details of the vacancies are as under:
Trade-wise Name of the Positions and Number of vacancies: Total 448 post
- Sheet Metal Worker – 147 posts
- Welder – 53 posts
- Fitter Pipe (Plumber) – 116 posts
- Diesel Mechanic – 37 posts
- Instrument Mechanic – 14 posts
- Electrician – 38 posts
- Electronic Mechanic – 7 posts
- Shipwright Wood – 6 posts
- Painter – 26 posts
- Crane Operator (EOT Cranes) – 4 posts
Most important Dates:
- Date of advertisement: 02-April-2013
- Starting date of Online Submission of Application: 08-April-2013
- Last date for Online Submission of Application: 20-April-2013
- Date of Walk-in & Practical Test: From 15-April-2013 till 30-April-2013 (From 09:00 hours till 13:00 hours)
Pay scale and Remunerations:
The candidates selected for the Workmen will be allowed a consolidated remuneration in the range of Rs.14000 per month and compensation for extra hours of work limited to Rs.4200 per month
Period of Contract:
This contract will be initially for a period of 2 years at Cochin Shipyard Limited
The Age of the candidates should not exceed 30 years as on 30-April-2013, which is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for PWD candidates.
Education as on 28-March-2013:
The applicant must Pass in SSLC, ITI (NTC) in the respective trade and National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC).
The applicants for the post of Crane Operator must have completed their NTC/ NAC in Electrical or Electronics trades
The candidate must have minimum three years of post-qualification experience/ training in a Shipyard or Engineering Industry.
For Crane operators, these three years of experience should be in operating EOT cranes in the same industry
The selection will be done on the basis of Walk-in Interview and Trade Practical Test at the Cochin Shipyards Limited.
The venue for the walk-in is Cochin Shipyard Indoor Stadium, Thevara.
The candidates short-listed will be intimated through email and other mode of communication for appearing the interview at the Cochin Shipyard Indoor Stadium, Thevara.
No Application Fee is required for the positions
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply online only through the website of Cochin Shipyard Limited at www.cochinshipyard.com
- The applicants should ensure that they have chosen the correct post and filled the right information.
- After online submission of Application, the applicants need to take two copies of printout of Online Application
- The candidates should take the following documents to the Walk-in if intimated:
- Two copies of Printout of the Online Application
- Two copies of recent passport size photographs
- Original Certificates and testimonials, in proof of Age, Date of Birth, Education and Experience
- Caste certificate
- Tight fitting cotton working dress and safety shoes for attending the Practical Test.
For complete detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement here www.cochinshipyard.com/careers/contract_workmen_March_2013.pdf
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>