Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is one of the most respected Para-Military Forces under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India. This force have been showing their efficiency in protection of various industries and industrial establishments in India. This force is one of the most remarkable Para-Military Forces and working with CISF is a matter of glory and pride.
With the recent notification from the CISF, it intends to recruit 123 numbers of Constables (Bandsmand-cum-General Duty) for the year 2013-2014. This selection will be done on a merit ranking open selection and these vacancies are demarked for male Candidates only.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
- Last Date for receipt of application: 08-Feb-2014
- Last date for candidates applying from far-flung areas: 15-Feb-2014
- Date for determining age and eligibility: 08-Feb-2014
Details of vacancies:
- Constable (Bandsmand-cum-General Duty): TOTAL 123 Posts
Out of the total declared 18 posts, 16 posts will be reserved for SC, 08 for ST, 29 for OBC candidates, 12 Posts for Ex-SM candidates, and remaining 58 posts are Unreserved.
Band equipment-wise vacancies:
- Trumpet: 01 Vacancy
- Bb Euphonium: 08 Vacancies
- F Horn: 03 Vacancies
- Eb Bass: 12 Vacancies
- Oboe: 04 Vacancies
- Bass Drum: 05 Vacancies
- Piccolo Flute: 01 Vacancy
- Side Drum: 09 Vacancies
- Bb Tenor Saxaphone: 07 Vacancies
- Eb Alto Saxaphone: 04 Vacancies
- Bass Trombone: 01 Vacancy
- Cymbal: 03 Vacancies
- Eb Clarinet: 09 Vacancies
- Eb Clarinet: 13 Vacancies
- Bassoon: 1 Vacancy
- Bb Cornet: 16 Vacancies
- Bb Tenor /Slide Trombone: 09 Vacancies
- Bagpipe: 12 Vacancies
- Tenor Drum (Bugler): 03 Vacancies
- The candidates selected for the posts will be eligible for Pay Band-I with Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 and a Grade pay of Rs.2000 along with other allowances and perks.
Essential Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: The applicants should have completed Matriculation or equivalent examination along with 2 years of experience in operating the specified musical instrument. Ex-servicemen holding certificate in military music shall be permitted to apply.
- Age Limit:
Age (in completed years) for the recruitment is 18-25 years. However, upper age limit is relaxable for the specified categories to the extent as applicable.
- Physical Standards:
Height: 170 cm (relaxed up to 165 cm for identified categories & 162.5 cm for ST), Chest (unexpanded): 80 cm (relaxed up to 78 cm for identified categories & 76 cm for ST) and Chest (expanded): 85 cm (relaxed up to 83 cm for identified categories & 81 cm for ST), Weight in proportion to height
Application Fees and Mode of Payment:
- For UR and OBC candidates: Rs.50
- For SC, ST, Ex-SM: Fees exempted
- The application fee is required to be paid in shape of crossed IPO from any Post Office in favour of “the officers as mentioned at the detailed advertisement” and should be payable at “the places notified” (Please refer www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_19141_17_1314b.pdf)
- No other modes of fee payment will be however acceptable
Mode of selection:
- The selection will be consisting of Physical Efficiency Test, Written Test, Trade Test, Document verification and Pre-recruitment Medical Examination.
How to apply:
- The application should be downloaded ONLY from DAVP/ CISF website at www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_19141_17_1314b.pdf and should be printed or type-written on good quality A-4 size bond paper (80 GSM) using one side only.
- Candidates should fill up the application form in his/her own handwriting either in Hindi or in English with blue or black ball point pen only.
- One photograph of recent date should be pasted with dimensions of 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm along with the signature in the space provided, while an identical photo has to be submitted along with application form.
- The candidates should attach Two self addressed envelopes (8 x 19 Cms size) duly affixing postal stamps for Rs.22/- (Rupees twenty two only) each thereon.
- Candidates will have to send one application only.
- On the envelope containing the application it should be clearly be written as: “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CONSTABLE/BANDSMAN-CUM-GD IN CISF – 2013”
- The applications must be sent through ORDINARY POST only
- The Director General, CISF reserve the right to make changes or cancel or postpone the recruitment without assigning any reason.
- The application form should be addressed to the detailed address as mention on the detailed advertisement at the above mentioned link.