Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is one of the most respected Para-Military Forces under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India. With the recent notification from the CISF, it intends to recruit 1203 Constable/ Drivers for the year 2013. This will be done through a specific categorization of general aspirants and from Ex-Servicemen including some of the backlog posts. Only Male Indian citizens are eligible to apply for these vacancies.
The details of the vacancies and recruitment norms are as follows:
- Closing date of receipt of Application Form: 19-July-2014
- Final date of receipt of Application from NE region: 26-July-2014
Position: Constable/ Drivers (both Backlog and new vacancies)
No of vacancies: 1203
- Constable/Driver – Direct (Backlog vacancies): 743 Posts (SC-420, ST-128, OBC-195)
- Constable/Driver – Ex-Servicemen (Backlog vacancies): 308 Posts
- Constable/Driver – Direct (Current vacancies): 137 Posts (UR-71, SC-20, ST-10 & OBC-36)
- Constable/Driver – Ex-Servicemen (Current vacancies): 15 Posts
Overall Total – 1203 posts (UR-71, SC-440, ST-138, OBC-231)
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The candidate selected for these positions will receive a monthly remuneration in the scale of Rs.5200 – Rs.20200 with a Grade Pay of Rs.2000 per month.
- Apart from this, they will be entitled to receive other perks and allowances as per the norms of CISF
- The candidate should have passed Matriculation from a recognized Board or should have acquired an equivalent qualification as recognized by Govt. of India.
- Educational certificate other than State Board/Central Board should be accompanied with Government of India notification declaring equivalency.
Age of the candidates:
- The candidates applying for the post of Constables should have attained minimum age of 21 years and should not have crossed maximum age of 27 years as on the last date of receipt of application at 19-July-2014.
- However, for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC and Ex-Servicemen there is relaxation in the upper age limit as per the service directives.
The applicants must have a valid Driving License for the following categories:
- Heavy Motor Vehicle or Transport Vehicle (HMV/TV)
- Light Motor Vehicle (LMV)
- Motor Cycle with Gear (MCWG)
- The applicant must have acquired at least 3 years of driving experience as per his Driving License eligibility after obtaining the license from competent authorities.
The candidates are required to have minimum physical standard to be eligible for consideration.
- Height: 167 cm (General) / 160 cm (for privileged applicants)
- Chest measurement: 80 cm (unexpanded) and 85 cm (expanded) (the expansion difference must be minimum of 5 cm for all).
- Relaxation in this criteria will be applicable for privileged categories as per CISF norms.
Especially for Ex-Servicemen:
Break in Service: The applicant must not have more than 3 years of break from his last posting
Medical Standard: A (Aye) in Shape-I
- For General UR and OBC candidates: Rs.50
- For SC/ ST/ Ex-SM candidates: Fees Exempted
The fees can be deposited through Indian Postal Order in favor of the Officer concerned as per the detailed advertisement at http://www.cisf.gov.in or at http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_19113_3_1415b.pdf .
The selection will be conducted in the following manner:
- Verification of documents
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Written Examination & Trade Test
- Medical Examination
- Final Merit List
How to Apply:
- An applicant can apply through the prescribed application form as available at the CISF website at http://www.cisf.gov.in or at http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_19113_3_1415b.pdf .
- The applicants need to ensure that they fulfill required eligibility criteria before applying for these positions
- The application form accompanied with requisite certificates and application fee (in shape of Indian Postal Order) must reach the concerned office as defined in the detail advertisement on or before the scheduled last date for receipt of application (19-July-2014).
- The envelope containing above documents should be super scribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CONSTABLE/DRIVER IN CISF – 2014” in bold and Capital letters
- The details of the addresses for sending completed application can be obtained from the website at http://www.cisf.gov.in or at http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_19113_3_1415b.pdf