Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education- Rising Ahead
Soon after the birth of Chhattisgarh, in 2001 Chhattisgarh board of Secondary Education came into existence in order to enhance the education status in the state. The 18 major districts of Chhattisgarh came together to set the work area.
Where is its headquarters?
Chhattisgarh board of secondary education has its main headquarters at Raipur Penshnbadha and three divisional headquarters in Surguja, Bilaspur and in the state capital Raipur.
Where it is implemented?
There are about 45074 schools affiliated to Chhattisgarh board of secondary education and about 11942 teachers and principals working under this board to brighten the future of young children.
How it imparts education to its students?
Chhattisgarh board of secondary education conducts the following exams at regular, correspondence and Swdhyayi.
- High School (Regular/ Swdhyayi/ Correspondence)
- Higher Secondary (Regular/ Swadhyayi/ Correspondence)
- Vocational Higher Secondary (Regular/ Swadhyayi)
- Diploma in Education (regular/ correspondence) biennial courses (after passing the Higher Secondary)
- Diploma in Physical Education, two-year course (after passing the Higher Secondary)
To enhance the retention and encourage students to work harder, the state board also gives special prizes to the toppers of the High School and Higher Secondary Certificate of Merit Examinations. The topper of this exam is awarded with Rs. 5100 in cash and a gold medal. The second position holder gets Rs.3100 cash and a silver medal and the remaining top 10 position holders get Rs. 2100. Apart from this, the special schemes are initiated by the board in which full scholarship is provided to the student including the hostel and an additional sum of Rs. 2000 to buy text books.
How and when are exams conducted?
These exams are conducted yearly in the beginning of the month of March. A new session appears to start in the mid of April and the results for the exams are declared in the month of June or July.
Is Sarva shiksha abhiyaan its part?
Chhattisgarh board of secondary education incorporates Sarva Shiskha Abhiyaan and imparts free and compulsory education to the children of the age-group 6-14 years. It also pays extra effort in empowering girl education through this scheme. It also provides free text books to the students from class 1st to 6th.
What are the other benefits and objectives of Chhattisgarh board of secondary education?
- Mid-Day meals are provided at all schools under the mid-day meal scheme for 200 working days to increase the enrollment, attendance and retention of children of primary schools. In 61 divisions, there are about 12330 schools that are under this scheme benefitting around 1679635 students.
- Free text books and book banks are provided to girls from class 1st to 3rd and to all the students below poverty line. Students of class 6th to 12th who belong to SC or ST are provided free books through the book bank. Also there is an upcoming agenda of providing free books to girls from class 6th to 10th to retain them at school and help in the process of their learning.
- According to the Suchna Shakti Yojna all the girls belonging to the rural areas and all the students who belong to Sc or ST or any other backward classes will be provided with free computer education in order to prepare them to face the challenges thrown by the globalization.
- Under the learn and earn scheme i.e “Padho Aur Kamao Yojna”, girl students are taught any of the vocational art like sewing from class 9th to 12th and given the job as per their talent to help them earn money. Under this scheme about 250000 individuals were benefitted till 2005-2006.
- Through its efforts Chhattisgarh state has achieved a literacy rate of 71% and is in an effort of increasing it further. It is under taking Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan on a large scale to help students get higher secondary education.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>