As per the New Educational Policy, the Government of India ideates maintaining uniform standards of teaching across the country at the levels of Higher Education. In the line, the GOI has developed a Comprehensive testing format that will ensure a uniform standard along with the minimum level of academic qualifications for obtaining eligibility for appointment as Lecturers/Assistant Professors. Accordingly UGC, New Delhi has been conducting the UGC-NET Examination regularly. As the State Governments were given an option to conduct their own State Eligibility Test (SET), the CG Vyapam has been entrusted to conduct SET for eligibility for Lectureship in colleges in Chhattisgarh. Candidates who qualify the CGSET will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of lecturers (Assistant Professors) of the concerned Universities / Colleges / Institutions (Government/ Aided / Private) in Chhattisgarh State.
After careful consideration of the matter, the UGC has identified the CG Vyapam as the State Agency for Chhattisgarh to conduct the State Eligibility Test (SET) for 18 subjects for the year 2013.
The details of the criteria for the Application for CGSET-2013 are as follows:
- Starting date for Submission of Online Application: 15-Oct-2013
- Final date for Submission of Online Application: 31-Oct-2013 till 11:59 PM
- Dates for Submission of Online Application with late fee of Rs.300: 01-Nov-2013 till 09-Nov-2013
- Date of examination: 15-December-2013
Subjects of the SET: For details log on to the website of CGSET at www.cgset.org.in/site/sites/default/files/page-document/SET-%202013%20Detailed%20Advertise.pdf
- Political Science
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Computer Science & Application
- Library & Information Science
- Physical Education
Who Can Apply:
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in Post-Graduation/ Masters Degree courses without rounding off.
- Candidates who have completed or are pursuing the final year of PG Degree in related subjects
- Candidates who are appearing or awaiting results in Masters Degree courses provided they could be able to submit their Master’s Degree Completion Certificate within 1 year from the date of publication of CGSET results.
- Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed by 19th September 1991.
- Candidates shall appear to the CGSET in the subject of their post-graduation only
Note: The candidates with the above qualification are advised to fill up their degree with percentage of marks in specified columns as required
- No upper age limit
- for General and OBC Category: Rs. 650
- for SC/ST/PH Category: Rs. 450
The application fees can only be paid only through Debit/ Credit Card through Net-banking facility as available during Online Submission of Application at http://www.cgset.org.in/ or at www.cgvyapam.org.in or at www.cgvyapam.choice.gov.in
Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected.
How to Apply:
- The candidates who fulfill the eligibility Criteria are required to apply ONLINE through the website of the CGSET at http://www.cgset.org.in/ or at the website of CG Vyapam at www.cgvyapam.org.in or at www.cgvyapam.choice.gov.in
- Before applying online, candidates are advised to go through detailed notification available at the above websites
- The candidates need to fill all relevant columns and upload his photo and signature at appropriate spaces on Online Application
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected
- After completion of Online Application, the candidates need to take hardcopies of the Online Application keep that for future reference
- The candidates are advised to read through the complete application bulletin and then fill up the application form
- It is compulsory for the candidate to appear in all papers. The candidate who does not appear in any paper will not be permitted to appear in the next paper.
- Application form received after closing date will not be entertained
- Only blue ball point pen should be used to mark the answers in the OMR sheet.