Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission (CG PSC) is the agency entrusted for recruitment of Group B and Group A cadre positions in the state of Chhattisgarh. Although this state is formed newly, this state is rich in mineral resources and forests. This state is also known for its Paddy cultivation in the country. Mining is one of the most vital income source of the state and establishment of national mines line NMDC, MCL etc, marks significance of this state on the national map of India. The state is having a dedicated Mineral Resource Department and this department is taking care of mines and minerals with all related activities such as lease, excavation, operation and distribution of minerals. As the state level nodal agency, the CGPSC is operating along with the guidelines from the UPSC under Government of India and extends its support for recruitment of personnel for the Mineral Resource Department of the state.
With the recent announcement, the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission has notified for recruitment of 06 numbers of Mining Officers in the pat scale of PB-III for the year 2014 under the Mining Resource Department. Applications are invited from eligible applicants with adequate qualification and experience.
The details of the requirements and the eligibility conditions of application are as mentioned underneath:
- Date of starting of Online Registration: 10-Apr-2014 from 1200Hours
- Last date for Online Registration: 09-May-2014 till 2359 hours
- Dates for correction of already submitted Application: 10-May-2014 1200Hours to 15-May-2014 2359 hours
- Date of examination: 26 & 27-July-2014 (On two dates, Saturday & Sunday)
Name & Number of the vacancies:
- Mining Officer (Under Mining Resource Department): 06 positions [UR-02, ST-02, & OBC-02 (PWD-01)]
Mode of application:
Candidates can apply through Online Mode only as available on the website of Chhattisgarh PSC at http://psc.cg.gov.in
Pay Provisions and Scale of Pay:
- The candidates selected for the posts of Mining Officer will be eligible for a Pay Scale in PB-III in the range of Rs.15600-Rs.39100 along with a Grade Pay of Rs.5400.
- Other perks, allowances and facilities will be applicable as per the state government norms
Educational qualification Requirement:
- The interested applicants must have completed a Post-Graduation Degree in Geology/ Applied Geology or an MTech Degree in Applied Geology to be eligible for applying for these posts.
- The applicant must not have crossed maximum age of 30 years and should be above 21 years of age as on 1st January 2014.
- However, for the natives of Chhattisgarh, the maximum age is set at 40 years.
- For Scheduled categories, there will be relaxation as applicable as per the state government regulations.
- Under no circumstances, the candidates should cross the maximum age of 45 years
- The applicant must serve the concerned department on a Probation Period of 2 years from the date of joining.
- For the candidates belonging Unreserved and OBC categories (from Chhattisgarh & from other states): Rs. 400
- For all others reserved categories (SC/ST, PWD, Ex-Servicemen from Chhattisgarh): Rs. 300
- These fees can be paid online through Debit card/ Credit card during filling online applications.
- The fee concession will be applicable for reserved categories of Chhattisgarh State only
- No other format of fee payment will be accepted from the candidates.
The selection will be done in the following manner:
- Preliminary Written Examination
- Viva-Voice/ Interview
- Verification of Credentials Documents
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through ONLINE mode only at the website of CG PSC at http://psc.cg.gov.in
- The candidates need to read through the information available at http://psc.cg.gov.in/pdf/Advertisement/ADV_MO2014.pdf thoroughly before applying online
- The forms should be filled with facts and actual information.
- The applicants will have to pay an extra fee for each instance of correction of the application, if he/ she requires so (only 1 time correction is allowed in the application)
- The candidates are advised to regularly check the web portal of CG PSC at http://psc.cg.gov.in for regular updates and announcements.