Under the competition advocacy initiative, a Commission has been formed by the Govt of India to spread awareness about Competition Act. With this perspective the Competition Commission of India (CCI) is operating with its full functionality and organizes interactive meetings, seminars, etc with different trade organizations, consumer associations, stakeholders and the public at large to spread awareness about the Competition Law and the Commission. The vision of the Commission being to promote and sustain an enabling competition culture through engagement and enforcement that would inspire businesses to be fair, competitive and innovative while enhancing consumer welfare and supporting economic growth, the CCI is working seamlessly for achieving its objectives all throughout.
Recently the CCI has announced notification to fill up the vacancies of Experts and Professionals under various cadre of its recruitment.
The various eligibility criteria cited for the vacant positions are as follows: F.No. A-12015/01/2013- HR
- Last date for Sending Completed Application: 01-July-2013
Details of Vacancies: Total 28 Positions
- Law: 11 Posts
- Economics: 11 Posts
- Financial Analyst: 03 Posts
- HR: 01 Post
- Services: 01 Post
- Finance & Accounts: 01 Post
Pay Scale Classification of Experts and Professionals:
- Level-I: Experience Up to three years – Rs.30000 with 10 % increase on completion of each year
- Level-II: Experience Three to five years – Rs.50000 with 10% increase on completion of each year
- Level-III: Experience Five to ten years – Rs.75000 with 10% increase on completion of each year
Education and Experience:
- Law cadre: Must have a Degree of LL.B. or equivalent and Qualified to be registered as an advocate in any State Bar Council of India. Higher qualification is desirable.
The applicant must have Experience in judicial or legal work, in Supreme Court, High Court or any other court, Government or a Regulatory Authority or Educational Establishment as Professor, reader etc. OR, the candidates should have worked as a Legal Manager or above in the Corporate Sector having experience of handling acquisitions, mergers & amalgamations etc., under competition law
- Economics cadre: The applicant must have a Post Graduate Degree in Economics with specialization in Industrial Economics/ Industrial Organization/ International Trade/ Econometrics/ Mathematical Economics/ Quantitative Economic methods/ Law and Economics. PhD is desirable.
The applicant must have experience in analysis of microeconomic problems, including International trade investment, project evaluation and appraisal, industrial organization, Industrial economics or economic regulation or should have similar knowledge skills in a reputed educational institution, University or College of repute.
- Financial Analysis Cadre: The applicant must be a Chartered Accountant having qualified the Post qualification course in International Trade Laws and WTO with competition law as a subject.
The applicant must have experience as a Chartered Accountant in reputed organization handling financial ventures of large enterprises or undertakings along with experience in handling acquisitions, mergers & amalgamations etc. under competition law.
- Human Resources / Services / Finance & Accounts Cadre: The applicant must have Graduate degree in any discipline with consistently good academic record and higher qualification (is preferred).
The candidates must have worked as Under Secretary or its equivalent posts in the Government sector with experience in Establishment matters/ General Administration / Procurement / Services / Disciplinary Cases / Budget / Finance & Accounts.
Period of Engagement:
The Experts are initially required for a period of one year, which can be further extended as per requirements
How to Apply:
- Only dynamic and self-motivated professionals with effective analytical, communication (including technical writing) and interpersonal skills may apply for the positions through his CV and experience.
- Applications along with copies of supporting documents (i.e. educational qualification and experience) may be sent to the following address so as to reach on or before 01-July-2013
The Deputy Director (HR)
Competition Commission of India
18-20, Kasturba Gandhi Marg
Hindustan Times House, New Delhi – 110 001