It needs mentioning that the experiments with human genes have gone rapid strides. More to do with science and biology. When this aspect is given a biological form, it can change the way we live. The more rapidly evolving aspect of a scientific revolution is the genetic engineering.
Needless to say, Genetic Engineering as seen today is no more a surgical taboo. For the whole world as such, it has shown a paradigm shift in the way of scientific manipulations of the genes of an organism. This can be evidenced by the items in the present day news items- as headlines, lineups, commercial breaks and many more hot avenues of commercials. Scientifically, Genetic Engineering can be described as a manipulation of the genes of an organism to yield a desired outcome.
The history of genetic engineering dates back to the ancient times. There have been several spiritual implications connected with the emergence of this aspect. The very aspect of selective breeding was coined by the Bible. However, as a matter of fact, modern genetic engineering began with a series of experiments. These were being conducted in 1973 by Herber Boyer and Staney Coehn. Success emerged as they yielded successful results of a strand of DNA of a certain bacteria plasmid being replaced by another. The history of the genetic engineering emerged as a milestone with this major experiment becoming very successful. In the year 1990, a genetic therapy for a young child was received whereby; some of her white blood cells were genetically manipulated. This treatment was yet another milestone in the medical acumen, as there was an altogether new transformation in her immune system.
The aspect of genetic engineering needs the following three elements:
- Firstly we need to consider the genes to be transferred
- Secondly, the host cell into which it is to be inserted
- Thirdly, the vector which is required for transfer
It is a subject of pure interest for those who find keen interest in the latest technology of gene manipulations. It involves gene manipulations from the DNA helix. The organism to be modified. Most recent results of cloning have been the instrumental successes of these state of the art experiments.
Pursuing a career in genetic engineering
- Genetic Engineering degrees are available for various undergraduate and post graduate levels
- For pursuing a B. Tech in Genetic Engineering one must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as core subjects.
- An entrance exam is conducted every year during the month of May, for getting admission into various institutes.
- Some premier institutes offering degree courses must qualify the Joint entrance conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, which is held every year.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>