Central Armed Police Forces as a congregation of major Para-Military Forces of India presently constitutes of BSF, CRPF, CISF, SSB, and ITBP. This force is operating under the ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India and is responsible for safe-keeping of internal law and order within the country without the boundaries of the states. These forces also help the national Armed Forces (Indian Army, Navy and IAF) during the national emergency. They are considered as highly respected forces of India and are quite well-known for their acts of bravery and gallantry.
With the recent announcement, the CAPF Medical Service Selection Board, an advertisement has been published to recruit Medical Officers, Specialists and Dental Surgeons in CAPF in the profiles of Assistant Commandants, and Deputy Commandants.
The details of the recruitment procedure and essential eligibility are as follows:
- Last Date of receipt of applications: 14-July-2014
- Last Date of receipt of applications from far-flung areas: 28-July-2014
- Date of reckoning age: 14-July-2014
Details of the Posts & Vacancies:
Total 609 vacancies
- Medical Officer (Assistant Commandant): 390 Posts
- BSF: 74 posts (ST-01, ST-00, OBC-41, UR-32)
- CRPF: 94 posts (SC-23, ST-00, OBC-29, UR-42)
- SSB: 49 posts (SC-06, ST-00, OBC-26, UR-17)
- ITBP: 138 posts (SC-22, ST-05, OBC-63, UR-48)
- Assam Rifles: 35 posts (SC-06, ST-00, OBC-11, UR-18)
- Specialist Medical Officer (Deputy Commandant): 218 Posts
- BSF: 58 posts (ST-10, ST-03, OBC-15, UR-30)
- CRPF: 123 posts (SC-21, ST-11, OBC-38, UR-53)
- SSB: 20 posts (UR)
- ITBP: 11 posts (SC-01, ST-01, OBC-06, UR-03)
- Assam Rifles: 06 posts (SC-01, ST-00, OBC-02, UR-03)
- Dental Surgeon (Assistant Commandant): 01 Post (in SSB)
- Medical Officer (Assistant Commandant): The applicant must have passed Medical Qualification in Allopathic Stream as included in the first or 2nd Schedule or Part-II of the 3rd Schedule of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. The candidates should have registered them as Medical Practitioners in any State Medical Council/ Medical Council of India. They must have completed their Compulsory Internship by the date of appointment in CAPF.
- Specialist Medical Officer (Deputy Commandant): The applicant must have passed Medical Qualification in Allopathic Stream as included in the first or 2nd Schedule or Part-II of the 3rd Schedule of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. The candidates should have registered them as Medical Practitioners in any State Medical Council/ Medical Council of India. The candidates must have required Post-Graduate Degree/ Diploma Qualification in the specialty concerned as defined in the Section-A or Section-B in Schedule-I of the Indian Medical Council Act. They must have 1 and half years of experience in concerned specialty after obtaining Post-Graduate Degree and must have 2 and half years of experience in concerned specialty after obtaining Post-Graduate Diploma.
- Dental Surgeon (Assistant Commandant): The candidates must have passed a Bachelors Degree in Dental Surgery (BDS) as scheduled in Dentists Act, 1948 with minimum 60% of marks and must have been registered with the Dental Council of India. He must have passed BDS in the first attempt. Post Degree work experience will be offered preference.
- Medical Officer (Assistant Commandant): A candidate must not have crossed 30 years as on 14-July-2014 to be eligible for this consideration
- Specialist Medical Officer (Deputy Commandant): A candidate must not have crossed 40 years as on 14-July-2014 to be eligible for this consideration
- Dental Surgeon (Assistant Commandant): A candidate must not have crossed 35 years as on 14-July-2014 to be eligible for this consideration
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC & Ex-service candidates in accordance with the CAPF norms.
- Height: 157.50 cm (142 cm for female category)
- Weight: Proportionate to height
- Chest: 77 Cm without expansion and 82 cm with expansion (not applicable for female)
- Eye Power: 6/6 and 6/9 or 6/12 and 6/9 with correction in both eyes Only glass and Lasic surgery are permitted as correction.
- Medical Officers and Dental Surgeon: The applicants getting selected for these positions will be eligible for a pay scale of PB-III with Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 and a Grade Pay of Rs.5400 + NPA @ 25% of Basic. The starting emolument will be around Rs.60000 per month.
- Specialist Medical Officers: The applicants getting selected for these positions will be eligible for a pay scale of PB-III with Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 and a Grade Pay of Rs.6600 + NPA @ 25% of Basic. The starting emolument will be around Rs.71500 per month.
- All posts are open for promotions to next seniority orders till the rank of Commandant with a Grade Pay of Rs.10000.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection of candidates will be done through a procedure of Medical Officer Selection Board Interview followed by a Medical Examination.
- The Medical Officer Selection Board of CAPF reserves all rights for selection and appointment of Medical Officers, Dental Surgeons and Specialists as per norms.
Conditions of Employment:
- The candidates will serve various forces as designated to them in anywhere in India or abroad as per the nature of duties assigned.
- The candidates will serve the force for a minimum period of 10 years from the date of joining. In case a candidate wants to leave the service, he has to refund 3 months of pay & allowances / cost of training imparted to them, whichever is higher.
- The candidates posted in a particular force will be governed by the Acts and regulations of that particular force.
Period of Probation:
- The selected candidates will have to undergo specific training and will be under probation for a period of 2 years, which may be extended as per the requirement and as per the directives of Central Government.
- For General/ OBC (except female) candidates: Rs.50
- For all others: fees exempted
- The fees can be remitted in shape of Demand Draft/ Indian Postal Order/ Bankers Cheque in favor of DDO, HQ, DG, BSF, New Delhi-3 and should be payable at SBI, CGO Complex, New Delhi (Code: 7837).
How to apply:
- The candidates interested for these positions need to apply in the prescribed format of application as available at the website of BSF at http://www.bsf.nic.in/
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed notification as available at http://www.bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/r104.pdf before applying for the job positions.
- The candidates can apply for one or more positions, provided they mention their preference of jobs in the application format
- The applications need to be filled with facts and should be supported by documentary proof for those claims.
- All applications must be enclosed with 2 self-addressed envelope (size: 27.5cmX11.5cm)
- The candidates should enclose their application along with all supporting documents and certificate copies along with the fee payment DD and send that to the following address so as to reach by the last date (14-July-2014) at the address mentioned:
- Any wrong, misleading information may result in rejection of candidature
- The envelope containing the application must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF: ____________” in bold and capital letters
- Address to send the completed application:
The Deputy Inspector General (Personnel)
Secretary, Medical Officer Selection Board (CAPFs) – 2014
HQ, DG, BSF, Block No.10, CGO Complex
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>