Accumulating many laurels in its 106 years of banking and finance operations, Canara Bank has been winning trusts of millions of its stakeholders and customers as one of the most promising bank in India. This bank is also considered as one of the best opportunity providers for Indian youth for a glorifying career in banking. Today, Canara Bank is a leading Public Sector Bank in the country with its Head Office in Bangalore and a pan-India presence with over 4500 branches.
With a recent notification to further strengthen its workforce Canara Bank is inviting applications from meritorious sportspersons for recruitment into profiles of Single Window Operators (Clerical) and/ or Officers in JMGS-I cadre.
The details of the vacancies as well as essential criteria for eligibility are as follows:
- Last date for submission of application form through prescribed format: 08-Sep-2014
- Date for reckoning Age, Sports Eligibility & Educational Qualification: 01-Apr-2014
Name of the Job Position: Single Window Operator (Clerical)/ Officer (JMGS-I)
Number of vacancies: 22 positions
- Cricket (Male): 10 Posts [Batsman-04, Right/Left Arm Spinner-01, Wicketkeeper/ Allrounder-01, Medium Paces/ Seamer-04]
- Athletics (Male/ Female): 04 Posts [Sprinter]
- Shuttle Badminton (Male/ Female): 04 Posts
- Table Tennis (Male/ Female): 04 Posts
Pay Scale and Allowances:
- For Single Window Operator (Clerical): The candidates selected for the job will be entitled to receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.7200 – Rs.19300 (starting basic will be around Rs.8000 per month) along with other permissible allowances.
- For Officer (JMGS-I): The candidates selected for the job will be entitled to receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.14500 – Rs.25700 along with other permissible allowances.
Age Specification (as on 01-Apr-2014):
- For Single Window Operator (Clerical): The applicant must have attained a minimum of 20 years of age and should not exceed 28 years of age.
- For Officer (JMGS-I): The applicant must have attained a minimum of 21 years of age and should not exceed 30 years of age.
- However, relaxation will be applicable in the upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC candidates as per norms.
Educational Qualification (as on 01-Apr-2014):
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree any discipline which must be recognized by a university in India.
- The candidate must have Knowledge of Computer Operation (Computer Literate)
- For Single Window Operator (Clerical): The applicant must have represented a state in a National Competition in the immediate 3 Preceding years (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13). He should preferably own Gold or Silver Medal (1st or 2nd Position) in respective disciplines. He should be representing his state at present.
- For Officer (JMGS-I): The applicant must have represented the Country in an International Event in the immediate 3 Preceding years (2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13). He should preferably own “Arjuna Award” in respective disciplines. He should be representing the country at present.
- Performance of candidates in the previous 3 years will only be taken into account
- At the time of joining, the candidate should be fit enough to take part in various competitions
- The candidates will be called for preliminary Screening/ Selection Trials
- Candidates who qualify selection trials, will be called for Interview at concerned centers
- The selection will be done focusing on Sports performances of the candidates with due weightage to this section.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through their concerned Bio-data containing the following details:
- Permanent & Residence Address (in full with PIN code)
- Date & Place of Birth
- Educational & Technical Qualifications
- Schools & Colleges Attended
- Employment Exchange Registration Number
- Caste Certificate (for candidates claiming concession)
- Sports Certificates (Name of the Sports, Specialization, Name of the Events Attended, etc.)
- Particulars of past & present Employment
- Signature with date
- The prescribed format of Bio-Date (as available at http://www.canarabank.com/Upload/English/Content/Canara%20Bank%20Recruit%20Ad_Employment%20News_Eng.pdf) should be neatly typed on a A-4 size paper and filled with facts
- The application must contain a recent passport size photograph of the candidate
- The application containing Bio-data and other copies of certificates must be enclosed in an envelope super-scribed as “Application for Recruitment of Sportspersons” and should be forwarded by ordinary post only to the following address:
The Deputy General Manager
Personnel Management Section
Human Resource Wing
# 112, C J Lane, Bangalore – 560 002
- The candidates are advised to go through the original advertisement as mentioned at http://www.canarabank.com to know about the details of the recruitment of Sportspersons.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>