Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under the administrative control of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India, invites application from eligible candidates for the post of Scientist-‘B’ in discipline of Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Metallurgical and Textile Engineering.
- Starting Date for Online Registration: December 06, 2013
- Last Date for Online Registration: December 24, 2013
- Payment of Application Fees- Online: December 06, 2013 to December 24, 2013
- Download of Call letter for Online Exam: After January 08, 2014
- Online Exam: January 19, 2014
- Declaration of result: January 2014
- Download of call letters for Interview: February 2014
- Conduct of Interview & Declaration of Result: February/ March 2014
- Issue of Provisional Offer of Appointment: March 2014
Name of the Post: Scientist-‘B’
Discipline Wise Vacancies:
- Chemical Engineering: 08 posts
- Civil Engineering: 24 posts
- Computer Engineering/ Computer Science: 10 posts
- Electrical Engineering: 31 posts
- Mechanical Engineering: 31posts
- Metallurgical Engineering: 08 posts
- Textile Engineering: 02 posts
Total Number of Vacancies: 115
Age Limit: Minimum21 years and maximum 27 years as on December 01, 2013
Pay Scale: Rs. 15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs.5400 + allowances
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent with minimum 60% marks (minimum 50% marks is required for SC/ST candidates).
Selection Process: Selection process will be based on online examination followed by Interview
Examination Centers List: Refer to www.bis.org.in/other/ANNEX4.pdf
Probation Period: Two Years
Application Fee: Rs. 750/- plus bank transaction charges, if any
Candidates are suggested to pay the fee through online only.
SC/ ST/ Ex-Serviceman/ PWD/ Women Candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
Eligible candidates may apply online through BIS website www.bis.org.in. Any other mode of application will get rejected.
For more information on this recruitment such as detail information on relaxation in age limit, breakout of reservations in vacancies, qualification, Surety Bond, Sevice Benefits, Career Prospects, and other important notes, please refer to official advertisement from BIS, here www.bis.org.in/other/RecruitmentScientist-B.htm
Candidates are strongly suggested to visit the official website of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) time to time, to get the early update on this recruitment.