BSNL Special Recruitment Drive 2014 For Jr. Telecom Officer (Electrical) Only For PWD
Advt No: Rectt/ M-41/JTO(SRD)/ 2014/8
As the largest telecom operator in India, BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) has invaded deep into every nook and corner of India with its extensive reach and service solutions. At present the BSNL has almost 71% share of the country’s total landline subscribers.
With its recent notification, BSNL is conducting a Special Recruitment Drive (SRD) for backlog vacancies of Junior Telecom Officers from PWD category of candidates.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
- Date of publication of advertisement: 16-July-2014
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 05-Sept-2014
- Dates for OMR based open Competitive Examination: 23-Nov-2014
Name of the Post:
- Junior Telecom Officer (Electrical): 01 Post (Backlog and only for PWD)
Scale of Pay:
- The selected candidates will be eligible to receive Rs.16400- Rs.40500 in IDA Pattern (3% annual increment) along with other normal allowances as per rules.
- The applicants selected as JTO will serve BSNL in UP (East) Telecomm Circle only.
- Hence they are required to serve for a period of minimum 5 years or till they are promoted to All India Cadre in this circle only.
- The jobs are transferable to other parts of the country and defence service as per requirements.
- Academic Qualification:
The applicants must have completed Bachelors Degree (BE/ BTech) in Electrical Engineering by 31-Dec-2013.
- Age: The age of an applicant must not have exceeded 40 year (30 years with Additional 10 years for PWD candidates) of age as on last date of submission of application (05-Sept-2014). However, there will be further relaxation for SC, ST, OBC candidates as per rules.
Service Bond and Training:
- The total candidates selected for joining will have to sign a Bond with BSNL to serve the BSNL for a minimum period of 5 years in the same circle (UP-East). The selected candidates will be subjected to training and after successful completion of training, they will be appointed as JTO in the concerned circle.
- The selection will be done through competitive Written Examination (OMR based) and Interview
- Candidates will be further selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
- There will be no application fee for these positions.
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed format of application only as available at the website of BSNL, UP-East Circle at http://www.upe.bsnl.co.in
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement and confirm their eligibility as available at http://www.upe.bsnl.co.in/download/Notification%20for%20JTO%20%28SRD%29%20Examination.pdf
- After applying, the candidates should make copies of the application, put their signature at appropriate spaces and submit that with necessary certifies (in support of education, age and physical disability) as per the address specified so as to reach on or before 05-Spet-2014
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “BSNL JTO Electrical (SRD) EXAMINATION 2013 FOR PWD”
- Two self-addressed envelope (27cmX12cm) must be attached with the application form.
- 3 identical passport size photographs (2 should be pasted, not pinned or stapled) must be attached with the application form.
- The address to send completed application by Registered Post/ Speed Post only:
The AGM (Recruitment)
Office of the CGMT UP(East) Telecomm Circle
BSNL, Hazaratganz, Lucknow