BSNL Recruitment Drive 2014-15 For Junior Accounts Officers
With its recent notification, BSNL invites application from eligible candidates for recruitment of Junior Accounts Officers through open competitive examination.
Junior Accounts Officer is a circle based cadre, and candidates will be selected against the vacancies of a particular circle, as per choice of circle (applicants may opt for 5 circles), and merit list. Selected candidates will be on probation for a period of two years.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
- Opening Date for Online Registration: 01-December-2014
- Last Date for submission of Online Application: 12-December-2014
- Dates for OMR based Open Competitive Examination: 22-February-2015
Name of the Post:
- Junior Accounts Officer: 962 Posts (Unreserved- 389, OBC- 260, SC- 195, ST- 118)
Note: 44 Vacancies are reserved for PWD candidates.
Scale of Pay:
- The selected candidates will be eligible to receive Rs.16400- Rs.40500 in IDA Pattern (3% annual increment) along with other normal allowances as per rules.
- The applicants selected as JAOs will be allotted territorial circles (Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Northern Telecom Region, North East-, North East-, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamilnadu/ CHTD, Uttar Pradesh East, Uttar Pradesh West, Uttaranchal, and West Bengal/ KOLTD) depending upon vacancies, their choice, and merit.
- Hence they are required to serve for a period of minimum 5 years or till they are promoted to All India Cadre in this circle only.
- The jobs are transferable to other parts of the country and defence service as per requirements.
- Academic Qualification:
The applicants must be a qualified chartered accountant, or a qualified company secretary, or a qualified cost and work accountant, or have passed master of commerce degree by 31-December-2014.
- Age: Minimum 20 years and Maximum 30 years of age as on 01-January-2015. However, there will be further relaxation for SC, ST, OBC, PWD candidates as per rules.
Service Bond and Training:
- The total candidates selected for joining will have to sign a Bond with BSNL to serve the BSNL for a minimum period of 5 years in the same circle. The selected candidates will be subjected to training and after successful completion of training, they will be appointed as JAO in the concerned circle.
- The selection will be done through competitive Written Examination of 450 marks (General English- 100 marks, General Aptitude/ Awareness- 50 marks, Financial Management/ Cost Accounting/ Tax and Commercial Laws- 300 marks), and Interview
- Candidates will be further selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
Application Fee: Rs. 1000/-
- Unreserved/ OBC category candidates are required to pay the examination fee through online mode only.
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed format of application only as available at the website of BSNL, UP-East Circle at http://www.bsnl.co.in
- For more detail on this recruitment as relaxation in age limit, breakout of vacancies, reservations, syllabus for written examination, minimum qualifying standard, choice of examination centres, and other important guidelines please refer to official recruitment advertisement from BSNL here BSNL Recruitment Notification 2015 For Junior Accounts Officers. The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement and confirm their eligibility.