As the largest telecom operator in India, BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) has invaded deep into every nook and corner of India with its extensive reach and service solutions. At present the BSNL has almost 71% share of the country’s total landline subscribers. Also operating in the sector of wireless telephony, BSNL is the most reputed and trusted service provider in this arena. As a government sector company, the job prospects with BSNL are also quite highly admired and also are in the wish-lists of job aspirants, who would like to garner a career in the government sector jobs. The network infrastructure of BSNL cannot be compared to any other private operator as this has the most wide-spread network across the country. Being a part of BSNL is considered as one of the most prestigious profiles of jobs, and people apply in thousands of numbers for each post advertised through BSNL.
With its recent proposal for acquiring potential human resource for the Karnataka Telecomm Circle, BSNL intends to recruit 141 numbers of Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) for its 19 different Secondary Switching Areas (SSAs).
Advt No: R&E/2-82/DR TTA/2012-13/43
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
Mode of Application:
The applications are invited through prescribed application format only as available at the website of BSNL, Karnataka at http://karnataka.bsnl.co.in/ttaexam2012.pdf
- Date of publication of advertisement: 18-April-2013
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 13-May-2013 by 5:00 PM
- Last date for fee Payment: 13-May-2013
- Dates for Online Examination: 30-June-2013
Name of the Post: Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) in Group-C cadre
Details of the Vacancies (SSA wise): Total 141 Positions
- Bangalore – 38 posts (SC-06, ST-02, OBC-09, UR-21)
- Belgaum – 5 Posts (OBC-01, UR-04)
- Bellary – 4 post (OBC-01, UR-03)
- Bidar – 2 posts (UR)
- Bijapur – 7 posts (SC-01, OBC-01, UR-05)
- Chickmagalore – 4 posts (OBC-01, UR-03)
- Davangere – 7 posts (SC-01, OBC-01, UR-05)
- Gulbarga – 4 posts (OBC-01, UR-03)
- Hassan – 5 Posts (OBC-01, UR-04)
- Hubli – 8 posts (SC-01, OBC-02, UR-05)
- Kolar – 7 posts (SC-01, OBC-01, UR-05)
- Karwar – 3 Posts (UR)
- Madikeri (Kodagu) – 4 posts (OBC-01, UR-03)
- Mandya – 4 posts (OBC-01, UR-03)
- Mangalore – 16 posts (SC-02, ST-01, OBC-04, UR-09)
- Mysore – 12 posts (SC-01, OBC-03, UR-08)
- Raichur – 4 posts (OBC-01, UR-03)
- Shimoga – 4 posts (OBC-01, UR-03)
- Tumkur – 3 posts (UR)
Scale of Pay:
- The selected candidates will be eligible to receive Rs.13600-25420 in IDA Pattern along with other normal allowances as per rules.
- The applicants selected as TTA will required to serve BSNL in their respective SSA, where they will apply. The jobs are transferable on temporary and permanent basis to other parts of the country and defence service as per requirements.
- Academic Qualification:
The applicants must have completed a Three Years Engineering Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Radio Engineering/ Computer Engineering/ Instrumentation/ Instrument Technology/ Information Technology, OR M.Sc (Electronics). Apart from this no other qualification will be accepted as qualification. But, Candidates possessing higher qualification in the eligible stream are allowed to appear in the examination.
- Age: The age of an applicant must be between 18 to 27 year of age as on last date of submission of application. However, there will be relaxation for SC, ST, OBC & PWD candidates as per rules.
- Registration in Employment Exchange: The applicants having Employment Exchange registration number from the concerned SSA will be preferred, but it is not mandatory.
- The total probation period will be for two years from the date of joining.
Service Bond and Training:
- The total candidates selected for joining will have to sign a Bond with BSNL to serve the BSNL for a minimum period of 2 years. The selected candidates will be subjected to training and after successful completion of training, they will be appointed as TTA in the concerned SSA
- The selection will be done through competitive Written Examination and Interview
- Minimum Qualifying marks in the paper will be 40% for the General category (OC) and 33% for the candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories
- Candidates will be further selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
- For SC/ PWD: Fees Exempted
- For all Others: Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred only)
- The fee can be paid in the shape of Crossed Demand Draft drawn in the favour of Account Officer, BSNL of the SSA concerned and should be payable at the BSNL Headquartered city (for details please refer to http://karnataka.bsnl.co.in/ttaexam2012.pdf ‘Annexure-A’ for exact addresses)
- Fee remitted in other formats such as Money Order or Cheque will be rejected
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through ONLINE mode through the website of BSNL, Karnataka Circle at http://karnataka.bsnl.co.in
- After applying, the candidates should take printout of the application, put their signature at appropriate spaces and submit that with the DD to the concerned SSA as per the address specified at the detailed advertisement at http://karnataka.bsnl.co.in/ttaexam2012.pdf on or before 13-May-2013
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “Application for the post for DR TTA in BSNL, ………… SSA”
- The candidates should apply form any one SSA only.