BSNL is the largest and oldest Communication Service Provider in India having a wide coverage of pan-India infrastructure for telecom and internet communication. At present BSNL is catering to a customer base of 95 million which is still growing over years. This largest communication service provider has also proven extraordinary track records in won many trust of customers for its reliable operation and strategic infrastructure.
With its recent plan for human resource acquisition, BSNL intends to recruit 82 number of Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) through Jammu & Kashmir Telecom Circle for its 05 different Secondary Switching Areas (SSAs) under the Circle.
Advt No: 862-112/TTA DR/2012/SRT/13
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
Mode of Application:
The applications are invited through prescribed application format only as available at the website of BSNL at http://www.jandk.bsnl.co.in/circle/Dir%20Rect%20TTA%202013%20recruitment.pdf
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 13-May-2013
- Last date for fee Payment: 13-May-2013
- Dates for Online Examination: 30-June-2013
Name of the Post: Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) in Group-C cadre
Details of the Vacancies (SSA wise): Total 82 Positions
- Jammu – 17 (SC-0, ST-4, OBC-3, UR-10)
- Srinagar – 34 (SC-2, ST-4, OBC-9, UR-19)
- Udhampur – 12 (SC-1, ST-1, OBC-2, UR-8)
- Leh – 8 (SC-1, ST-0, OBC-1, UR-6)
- Rajouri – 11 (SC-0, ST-0, OBC-1, UR-10)
Scale of Pay:
- The selected candidates will be eligible to receive Rs.13600-25420 in IDA Pattern (with annual increment @ 3% of basic pay) and other allowances and perks as applicable.
- The applicants selected as TTA will required to serve BSNL in Pan-India basis although they will be primarily confined to their respective SSA, where they will apply. The jobs are transferable on temporary and permanent basis.
- Academic Qualification:
The candidates should have completed a Three Years Engineering Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Radio Engineering, Computer Engineering, Instrumentation/ Instrument Technology, Information Technology, OR M.Sc (Electronics). Apart from this no other qualification will be acceptable.
- Age: The age of an applicant must be between 18 to 27 year of age as on last date of submission of application. However, there will be relaxation for SC, OBC and PWD candidates as per rules.
- Registration in Employment Exchange: The applicants having Employment Exchange registration number from the concerned SSA will be preferred, but it is not mandatory.
- The total probation period will be for two years from the date of joining.
Service Bond and Training:
- The total candidates selected for joining will have to sign a Bond with BSNL to serve the BSNL for a minimum period of 2 years. The selected candidates will be subjected to training and after successful completion of training, they will be appointed as TTA in the concerned SSA
- The selection will be done through competitive Written Examination and Interview
- Candidates will be further selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
- For SC/ PWD: Fees Exempted
- For all Others: Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred only)
- The fee can be paid in the shape of Crossed Indian Postal Order / Bank Draft drawn in the favour of Account Officer (Cash) O/o GMTD/GM/TDM of the SSA concerned and should be payable at the BSNL Headquartered city
- Fee remitted in other formats such as Money Order or Cheque will be rejected
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the portal of BSNL, J&K Circle at http://www.jandk.bsnl.co.in
- The candidates can receive update about this advertisement through this portal, as well
- After applying, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and DD or Pay Order (fees) and send that through registered post/ speed post to the address mentioned on the complete advertisement at (http://www.jandk.bsnl.co.in/circle/Dir%20Rect%20TTA%202013%20recruitment.pdf) on the website on or before 13-May-2013
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “Application for Direct Recruitment to the Cadre of Telecom Technical Assistant-2012”