Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) is the best and the largest Commercial Telecomm network in India. With almost 70% share of land-line subscribers and a significant share in wireless and mobile communication, BSNL has been the most preferred choice among the telecomm users in India. BSNL is the only service provider having a deep root in Indian rural networks. Being a government sector undertaking, jobs in BSNL is also considered as one of the most prospering profiles of jobs for Indian job hunters. With all facilities of the public sector job and offering opportunity to various profiles of educated mass BSNL is one of the best job opportunity provider in telecomm arena.
With its recent proposal for acquiring potential human resource for the Gujarat State Telecomm Circle, BSNL intends to recruit 224 numbers of Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) for its 17 different Secondary Switching Areas (SSAs).
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
Mode of Application:
The applications are invited through prescribed application format only as available at the website of BSNL at http://gujarat.bsnl.co.in/
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 13-May-2013 by 5:00 PM
- Last date for fee Payment: 13-May-2013
- Dates for Online Examination: 30-June-2013
Name of the Post: Telecom Technical Assistants (TTA) in Group-C cadre
Details of the Vacancies (SSA wise): Total 224 Positions (UR-155, SC-10, ST-26, OBC-32)
- Ahmedabad – 45 posts (UR-28, SC-2, ST-5, OBC-10)
- Surat – 18 Posts (UR-14, SC-0, ST-2, OBC-2)
- Vadodara – 12 posts (UR-11, SC-0, ST-0, OBC-1)
- Rajkot – 19 posts (UR-7, SC-0, ST-6, OBC-6)
- Valsad – 15 posts (UR-12, SC-0, ST-0, OBC-3)
- Mehsana – 16 posts (UR-14, SC-2, ST-1, OBC-1)
- Nadiad – 18 posts (UR-10, SC-1, ST-3, OBC-4)
- Junagadh – 11 posts (UR-6, SC-0, ST-3, OBC-2)
- Bharuch – 7 posts (UR-6, SC-1, ST-0, OBC-0)
- Bhavnagar – 6 posts (UR-3, SC-0, ST-2, OBC-1)
- Jamnagar – 13 posts (UR-11, SC-1, ST-0, OBC-1)
- Palanpur – 8 posts(UR-5, SC-0, ST-3, OBC-0)
- Himatnagar – 9 posts (UR-8, SC-0, ST-0, OBC-1)
- Godhra – 4 post (UR-3, SC-1, ST-0, OBC-0)
- Surendranagar – 6 posts (UR-3, SC-1, ST-1, OBC-1)
- Amreli – 4 posts (UR-3, SC-1, ST-0, OBC-0)
- Bhuj – 11 posts (UR)
Scale of Pay:
- The selected candidates will be eligible to receive Rs.13600-25420 in IDA Pattern along with other normal allowances as per rules.
- The applicants selected as TTA will required to serve BSNL in their respective SSA, where they will apply. The jobs are transferable on temporary and permanent basis to other parts of the country and defence service as per requirements.
- Academic Qualification:
The applicants must have completed a Three Years Engineering Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Radio Engineering/ Computer Engineering/ Instrumentation/ Instrument Technology/ Information Technology, OR M.Sc (Electronics). No other qualification apart from this will be accepted as qualification.
- Age: The age of an applicant must be between 18 to 27 year of age as on last date of submission of application. However, there will be relaxation for SC, OBC candidates as per rules.
- Registration in Employment Exchange: The applicants having Employment Exchange registration number from the concerned SSA will be preferred, but it is not mandatory.
- The total probation period will be for two years from the date of joining.
Service Bond and Training:
- The total candidates selected for joining will have to sign a Bond with BSNL to serve the BSNL for a minimum period of 2 years. The selected candidates will be subjected to training. After successful completion of 10 weeks of training at the designated training centers, they will be appointed as TTA in the concerned SSA.
- The selection will be done through competitive Written Examination and Interview
- Candidates will be further selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
- For SC/ ST/ PWD: Fees Exempted
- For all Others: Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred only)
- The fee can be paid in the shape of Crossed Indian Postal Order / Bank Draft drawn in the favour of A.O. (Cash) of the concern Pr. GMTD/ GMTD only
- Fee remitted in other formats such as Money Order or Cheque will be rejected
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the portal of BSNL, Gujarat Circle at http://www.gujarat.bsnl.co.in/admin/ProfileImage/635022481679656741.pdf
- After applying, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and DD or Pay Order (fees) and send that through registered post/ speed post to the address mentioned below on or before 13-May-2013
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “Application for the post of TTA in Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) for ……..SSA”
- The candidates should apply form any one SSA only.
- Address to send completed Application form can be availed at the detailed advertisement on the web portal as mentioned above.