BSF (Border Security Force) is one of the most prestigious para-military forces of India. A life with BSF is full of adventure, and achievement. BSF also has a Water wing securing some of the most turbulent maritime boundaries with some of our neighboring nations.
With its recent proposal for acquiring potential human resource, BSF intends to recruit 1670 numbers of Constables-Tradesman in various category of trades across India. Only Male candidates are eligible to apply for these posts.
The details of the vacancies and the eligibility criteria thereof are mentioned as under:
- Date of publication of Notification: 12-July-2014
- Last date for submission of Completed Application: 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Employment News/ Rojgar Samachar
Details of the Vacancies: Total 1670 Positions
(For details refer to http://bsf.nic.in/doc/recruitment/Vacancies.pdf )
1) Constable (Cobbler) – 148 posts
2) Constable (Tailor) – 46 posts
3) Constable (Carpenter) – 04 Posts
4) Constable (Plumber) – 01 Post
5) Constable (Painter) – 08 Posts
6) Constable (Cook) – 478 posts
7) Constable (Water Carrier) – 299 Posts
8) Constable (Kahar) – 04 posts
9) Constable (Washer Man) – 236 Posts
10) Constable (Barber) – 107 posts
11) Constable (Sweeper) – 316 posts
12) Constable (Waiter) – 08 posts
13) Constable (Mali) – 07 posts
14) Constable (Khoji) – 08 posts
Note: 10% Vacancies are reserved for Ex-Servicemen candidates from each category
Scale of Pay:
- Constable (Tradesman) – The candidates selected for this position will be eligible for remuneration in the Scale of PB-I with Rs.5200–Rs.20200 with Grade Pay Rs.2000 and other allowances and perks will be as per rules
- Academic Qualification:
- The applicants must have completed matriculation along with (1.) at least 2 years of experience in the concerned trades OR, (2.) should have completed 1 year ITI trade certificate course in respective trades along 1 year of experience in the related trade Or (3.) should have completed 2 years Diploma in respective trades from a recognized ITI.
- The applicant must have attained minimum 18 years of age and should not have exceeded 23 years as on 01-August-2014
However, there will be relaxation for SC, OBC, Ex-SM candidates as per rules.
- Physical Standard (for all):
- Height – 167.5 cm (may be relaxed for certain candidates as per the exact notification of BSF for Constable candidates)
- Weight – proportionate to height
- Chest – Unexpanded 78 cm and expanded 83 cm
- Vision: 6/6 and 6/9 both eyes without correction (without wearing glasses)
- The selection will be done through Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency test (as required), Trade Test, and Written Examination.
- Candidates will be further selected in order of merit
- The candidates will have to undergo a pre-recruitment medical test before final joining
- The applicants are advised to go through the original recruitment advertisement at http://www.bsf.nic.in to know about the exact requirement of fee payment
How To Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form as available on the portal of BSF at http://www.bsf.nic.in/
- After filling up the form on a A4 size paper, the candidates have to attach the Application Form with all necessary credential documents and DD or Pay Order ( application fees) and send that to the address mentioned at the complete advertisement on or before 30 days of completion of this advertisement
- The envelope containing the application form must be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CONSTABLE(TRADESMAN) IN BSF” in bold and capital letter.
- The candidates need to attach 2 numbers of self-addressed envelope with requisite postage stamp as detailed on the original advertisement.
- The applicants are advised to follow the website of BSF regularly to know about the updates on this advertisement.