24-June-2016: Download Admit Card (Advt. 66/2014)
956 candidates, who are to appear for the interview of Assistant Professor (Chemistry) in various universities between 29th June to 30th July, 2016, can now download their Interview Letters by typing in their 8 digit roll number in the search box. Download Admit Card Now
With the recent requirement of the fulfillment of competent positions of Assistant Professors in various colleges under the Education Department of Government of Bihar, applications are invited in proper format for 3364 posts of Assistant Professors through the Public Service Commission of Bihar (BPSC). These Assistant Professors will be posted in various colleges of the state government functioning under the various Universities.
The details of the vacancies are as follows:
- Last date for receipt of completed application at Bihar PSC: 20-Nov-2014 till 5:00PM
- Date for reckoning Age, Education and Experience: 01-Jan-2014
Name and Number of Vacancies:
- (Advt. No: 44/2014) Assistant Professor (Arabic): 06 Posts [UR-03, SC-01, EBC-02]
- (Advt. No: 45/2014) Assistant Professor (English): 238 Posts [UR-122, SC-36, ST-02, EBC-42, BC-29, BCL-07]
- (Advt. No: 46/2014) Assistant Professor (Urdu): 102 Posts [UR-52, SC-17, EBC-18, BC-13, BCL-02]
- (Advt. No: 47/2014) Assistant Professor (Parsi): 16 Posts [UR-10, SC-02, EBC-04]
- (Advt. No: 48/2014) Assistant Professor (Maithili): 52 Posts [UR-27, SC-08, ST-00, EBC-10, BC-05, BCL-02]
- (Advt. No: 49/2014) Assistant Professor (Sanskrit): 57 Posts [UR-32, SC-08, ST-00, EBC-09, BC-08, BCL-00]
- (Advt. No: 50/2014) Assistant Professor (Hindi): 250 Posts [UR-124, SC-43, ST-02, EBC-42, BC-31, BCL-06]
- (Advt. No: 51/2014) Assistant Professor (Philosophy): 134 Posts [UR-68, SC-21, ST-00, EBC-25, BC-16, BCL-04]
- (Advt. No: 52/2014) Assistant Professor (Economics): 236 Posts [UR-120, SC-38, ST-02, EBC-41, BC-29, BCL-06]
10. (Advt. No: 53/2014) Assistant Professor (History): 261 Posts [UR-133, SC-42, ST-02, EBC-46, BC-30, BCL-08]
11. (Advt. No: 54/2014) Assistant Professor (Home Science): 52 Posts [UR-27, SC-07, ST-00, EBC-11, BC-06, BCL-01]
12. (Advt. No: 55/2014) Assistant Professor (Geography): 107 Posts [UR-55, SC-19, ST-00, EBC-18, BC-14, BCL-01]
13. (Advt. No: 56/2014) Assistant Professor (Psychology): 290 Posts [UR-145, SC-48, ST-04, EBC-50, BC-35, BCL-08]
14. (Advt. No: 57/2014) Assistant Professor (Political Science): 277 Posts [UR-144, SC-42, ST-03, EBC-47, BC-34, BCL-07]
15. (Advt. No: 58/2014) Assistant Professor (Sociology): 48 Posts [UR-25, SC-08, ST-00, EBC-08, BC-06, BCL-01]
16. (Advt. No: 59/2014) Assistant Professor (Indian Ancient History & Archeology): 02 Posts [UR-01, EBC-01]
17. (Advt. No: 60/2014) Assistant Professor (Indian Ancient History & Culture): 13 Posts [UR-08, SC-02, EBC-02, BC-01]
18. (Advt. No: 61/2014) Assistant Professor (Indian Ancient History & Asian Studies): 27 Posts [UR-14, SC-04, EBC-05, BC-03, BCL-01]
19. (Advt. No: 62/2014) Assistant Professor (Industrial Relation & Labor Relation): 03 Posts [UR-02, BC-01]
20. (Advt. No: 63/2014) Assistant Professor (Industrial Relation & Labor Management): 04 Posts [UR-02, SC-01, EBC-01]
21. (Advt. No: 64/2014) Assistant Professor (Labor & Social Relation): 01 Post [UR]
22. (Advt. No: 65/2014) Assistant Professor (Physics): 250 Posts [UR-127, SC-42, ST-02, EBC-42, BC-30, BCL-07]
23. (Advt. No: 66/2014) Assistant Professor (Chemistry): 239 Posts [UR-121, SC-38, ST-02, EBC-41, BC-29, BCL-08]
24. (Advt. No: 67/2014) Assistant Professor (Botany): 138 Posts [UR-69, SC-22, ST-00, EBC-26, BC-18, BCL-03]
25. (Advt. No: 68/2014) Assistant Professor (Zoology): 177 Posts [UR-89, SC-27, ST-02, EBC-31, BC-23, BCL-05]
26. (Advt. No: 69/2014) Assistant Professor (Statistics): 11 Posts [UR-06, SC-02, ST-00, EBC-01, BC-01, BCL-01]
27. (Advt. No: 70/2014) Assistant Professor (Mathematics): 170 Posts [UR-87, SC-26, ST-01, EBC-30, BC-20, BCL-06]
28. (Advt. No: 71/2014) Assistant Professor (Geology): 04 Posts [UR-02, SC-01, EBC-01]
29. (Advt. No: 72/2014) Assistant Professor (Electronics): 04 Posts [UR-02, SC-01, EBC-01]
30. (Advt. No: 73/2014) Assistant Professor (Commerce): 86 Posts [UR-45, SC-15, ST-00, EBC-15, BC-10, BCL-01]
31. (Advt. No: 74/2014) Assistant Professor (Education): 15 Posts [UR-07, SC-03, ST-00, EBC-03, BC-02, BCL-00]
32. (Advt. No: 75/2014) Assistant Professor (Law): 18 Posts [UR-08, SC-03, ST-00, EBC-03, BC-02, BCL-01]
33. (Advt. No: 76/2014) Assistant Professor (Gandhian Studies): 04 Posts [UR-02, SC-01, EBC-01]
34. (Advt. No: 77/2014) Assistant Professor (Islamic Studies): 04 Posts [UR-02, SC-01, EBC-01]
35. (Advt. No: 78/2014) Assistant Professor (Management): 04 Posts [UR-02, SC-01, EBC-01]
36. (Advt. No: 79/2014) Assistant Professor (Journalism): 02 Posts [UR-1, EBC-01]
37. (Advt. No: 80/2014) Assistant Professor (Literature): 12 Posts [UR-07, SC-02, EBC-02, BC-01]
38. (Advt. No: 81/2014) Assistant Professor (Grammar): 30 Posts [UR-15, SC-05, ST-00, EBC-05, BC-04, BCL-01]
39. (Advt. No: 82/2014) Assistant Professor (Astrology): 11 Posts [UR-06, SC-02, ST-00, EBC-02, BC-01]
40. (Advt. No: 83/2014) Assistant Professor (Veda): 08 Posts [UR-05, SC-01, ST-00, EBC-01, BC-01]
41. (Advt. No: 84/2014) Assistant Professor (Philosophy): 01 Post [UR]
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The candidates selected for the posts of Assistant Professors will be entitled to receive remuneration in the pay scale as recommended by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Apart from that they will also be entitled to receive other perks and benefits as per rules.
Academic Requirements & Experience:
- The candidates interested for these positions must have good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or equivalent grade) at Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject.
- There will be relaxation of 5% of minimum percentage of marks for candidates belonging to SC/ ST categories from Bihar state.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- The NET eligibility will be exempted for candidates obtaining/ having PhD qualification.
- NET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programs in disciplines for which NET/SET is not conducted.
- However, candidates will be given the benefit of Ph.D./M.Phil. degree. But the candidate will be entitled to claim the benefit of either M.Phil. or Ph.D never for both.
- The candidates having higher qualification and experience will be preferred for these posts and will be allowed additional weightage during selection.
- The applicant must have attained minimum 23 years of age and should not have attended the age of 55 years by 1st January 2014.
- Candidates who will be retiring during the process of selection, they will not be eligible for these positions.
- For SC/ST candidates who are natives of Bihar: Rs.75 (Rs.25 as application fees + Rs.50 as bank charges)
- For all others: Rs.150 (Rs.100 as application fees + Rs.50 as bank charges)
- The fees can be paid in cash through the Challan (format available at the website of the BPSC at http://bpsc.bih.nic.in) in any branch of State Bank of India (Account no. 31650243410) within the last date of acceptance of application.
Mode of Selection:
- The candidates for the above the positions will be shortlisted for written test/ interview on the basis of their career credentials and experience
- The final section will be on the basis of their performance through Written Test and subsequently through Personal Interview.
- A Merit List will be prepared on the basis of Academics, Experience and marks obtained in the Interview.
How to Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form that can be downloaded from the website of Bihar PSC at http://bpsc.bih.nic.in
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed notification as available at http://bpsc.bih.nic.in/Advt/PR-UAP-44-84-2014.pdf , before applying for these positions.
- It should be noted that the downloaded application form must have been reprinted exact copy of the application form as available on the website on a good quality A-4 size paper.
- Any other form of application, hand-written or self-typed will not be accepted
- The application form can be filled with Black/ Blue ballpoint pen only. (Overwriting, or editing with fluids should be avoided)
- Photographs must be glued to the application form at appropriate spaces and must be signed crossed as if a part of signature must be on the photograph and other part on the application form
- The envelope containing application must be super-scribed with the advertisement number and the name of the post being applied for
- The applications must be sent by Registered Post/ Speed Post only to the following address so as to reach before the final date of receipt of application (i.e. 20-November-2014 till 05:00 PM)
The Examination Controller
Bihar Public Service Commission
15, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg,
Baily Road, Patna – 800001
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>