Bihar PSC Recruitment 2014 For 2301 Posts of General Medical Officers Under Bihar Health Department
The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has been delivering its consistent support in selection of candidature for recruitment in the state cadre. With the recent announcement from the BPSC, it invites candidature from eligible and adequately qualified candidates for filling up the 2301 positions of General Medical Officers under the Health Department, Bihar. Both male and female candidates can apply for these positions.
The details of the vacancies are as follows:
- Date of publication of Notification: 18-July-2014
- Last date for sending completed application to Bihar PSC: 20-Aug-2014 till 5PM
- Date for reckoning Age, Education and Experience: 01-Aug-2014
Name of the Positions and Number of Vacancies:
- General Medical Officers (under Health Department, Bihar): Total 2301 Posts
- Reservation for normal categories will be like, [UR-995, SC-318, SC-Backlog-97, ST-20, ST-Backlog-84, EBC-358, EBC-Backlog-110, BC-255, & BC-W-64]
- There will be 3% reservation for the candidates belonging to PWD category out of the above mentioned posts
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The candidates selected for the posts of Specialist Doctors will be entitled to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 And a Grade Pay of Rs.5400 in PB-II.
- Apart from that they will also be entitled to receive other perks and benefits as per rules of Health Department.
- The candidates interested for these positions must have obtained a MBBS or equivalent qualification in the concerned Specialization form a recognized university or institute.
- They must have been registered with MCI or equivalent bodies of the state.
- The candidates having higher qualification (Post-Graduation or higher Degree) and experience will be preferred for these posts.
- The applicant must not have attended 37 years (for General/ Unreserved category) of age by 01-Aug-2014.
- However, with the revised notification from the Health Department of the state, there will be additional 16 years of age relaxation is applicable for all category of candidates in parallel.
- With this revision, the max age limit will be 53 years (37 years + 16 years) for General/ Unreserved category as considered on 01-Aug-2014.
- However, there will be further relaxation in upper age limit for other privileged classes (SC/ST/EBC/BC/PWD etc.) of candidates.
- For SC/ST candidates who are natives of Bihar: Rs.75 (Rs.25 as application fees + Rs.50 as bank charges)
- For all others: Rs.150 (Rs.100 as application fees + Rs.50 as bank charges)
- The fees can be paid in cash through the Challan (format available at the website of the BPSC at http://bpsc.bih.nic.in) in any branch of State Bank of India within the last date of acceptance of application in the SBI account number 31650243410.
Mode of Selection:
- The candidates for the above the positions will be selected on the basis of their performance through a Merit list prepared on the basis of Academics, Experience and marks obtained in the Interview, as per the calculations below:
- Marks in MBBS: 50% weightage
- PG or higher Degree: 10% weightage
- Relevant Work Experience: 25% weightage
- Interview: 15% weightage
How to Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through the prescribed application form that can be downloaded from the website of Bihar PSC at http://bpsc.bih.nic.in
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed advertisement thoroughly as available at http://bpsc.bih.nic.in/Advt/PR-GMO-15-2014-HD.pdf, prior to applying for these posts.
- It should be noted that the downloaded application form must have been reprinted exact copy of the application form as available on the website on a good quality A-4 size paper.
- The application form must be printed on both sides of a good quality paper only (as available on the website)
- Any other form of application, hand-written or self-typed will not be accepted
- Photographs must be glued to the application form at appropriate spaces and must be signed crossed as if a part of signature must be on the photograph and other part on the application form
- The envelope containing application must be super-scribed with the advertisement number and the name of the post being applied for
- The application form must be attached with two (2) numbers of self-addressed envelopes (16 X 10 cm size) with Rs.40 stamp affixed on each of it, along with other credential documents and certificate copies
- The applications must be sent by Registered Post/ Speed Post only to the following address so as to reach before the final date of receipt of application (i.e. 20-Aug-2014 till 0500 PM)
The Examination Controller
Bihar Public Service Commission
15, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg,
Baily Road, Patna – 800001