BPCL Recruitment 2014 for Management Trainee On The Basis of GATE 2014 Score
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is a Fortune 500, leading Navratna Public Sector Company in the exciting and dynamic energy sector, engaged in Refining, Marketing and Distribution of Petroleum products and also in exploration of Oil / Gas, with an annual turnover of over Rs.250,649 crores for the year 2012-13. As one of India’s largest corporations, BPCL provides ample of opportunity with a lifetime of personal and professional development.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going reforms this company opens a challenging opportunity for Bachelors’ Degree holders in Engineering as management Trainee (Chemical/ Mechanical Engineering) in its core sector of operation. Both these category of posts will be recruited to Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. through GATE-2014 Score, the registration for which is continuing at present.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Position: Management Trainee
Number of Vacancies: The exact numbers of vacancies will be notified in due course
- Starting date for online registration of application for GATE-2014: 02-Sept-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 01-Oct-2013
- Last date for online submission of Application for GATE-2014: 03-Oct-2013
- Starting date for online registration of application at BPCL: 20-Dec-2013
- Last Date of Online Registration of Application by BPCL: 31-Jan-2013
Disciplines For Management Trainee:
- Chemical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – CH)
- Mechanical Engineering (GATE Paper Code – ME)
Important GATE-2014 Eligibility Factor:
- Desiring candidates must clear GATE-2014 examination with respective branches and with requisite cut-offs as per the positions.
- Without GATE-2014 valid score card, no candidates will be eligible for consideration.
- Marks obtained in GATE-2013 or any other previous GATE examination WILL NOT BE considered valid for this recruitment
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology with 60% for General and OBC (non-creamy layer), and 50% marks for SC, ST and OBC
- A candidate must be within a maximum age of 25 years as on 01-June-2014
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates (SC/ST/PWD/OBC etc.)
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with Bharat Petroleum needs to be medically fit as per Bharat Petroleum’s pre-employment medical standards.
- Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Medical Examination before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available at: http://www.bpclcareers.in/Images/Detailed_ad_GATE_2014.pdf
Mode of Selection:
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Management Trainee in the above disciplines through BPCL must have appeared in GATE-2014 in the same disciplines and posses a valid GATE-2014 score
- Based only on the GATE-2014 score, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview in the above disciplines. GATE-2013 score will not be considered valid for this recruitment.
- Further selection will be based on Group Discussion / Group Task and Personal Interview.
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
- The final induction will be done after clearing the Pre-Employment Medical Training
Probation Period and Training:
- Selected candidates shall have to serve BPCL for a training Period of 1 year as Management Trainee. After successful completion of Management Trainee phase, these candidates will be inducted as ‘Executives’ in various branches and establishments across India.
- The candidates selected as Management Trainees will receive a starting basic pay of Rs.24900 per month in Group A category in the scale of (Rs.24900 – Rs.50500). In addition, the selected candidates will receive DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation.
- The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be around Rs.10.50 lakhs per annum inclusive of other allowances
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to apply for GATE-2014 with their candidature through single GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) or on the websites of www.iitkgp/gate2014.com or any other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore website
- With the GATE-2014 registration Number, these candidates can apply online in BPCL on the career section of BPCL website at http://www.bpclcareers.in/ from 20-December-2013 onwards.
- After applying online, candidate is required to take a print out of the Application Form with unique registration number, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep that for future reference.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/or Interview will be required to produce the same documents at the time of Group Discussion and/or Interview.
- The E-mail ID entered in the online application form must remain valid for at least next one year
- All future correspondence will be sent via E-mail only
- Candidates should note that the selection process will commence only after the declaration of GATE 2014 results.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>