BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited) is one of the leading Navratna PSUs in India, which is engaged in Refining, Distribution and Marketing of Petroleum as well as Petro-Chemical products in the country. This company has set its standard in the areas of exploration of Oil & Natural Gas, as well. As one of India’s most renowned corporations, BPCL offers ample of score to shape a dream career of millions.
With its recent announcement, the BPCL, Mumbai Refinery invites competent applications for 13 posts of Fire Operators in Grade-7 category. Although All India Service/ Transfer Liability (AISL) will be applicable for these posts, the selected candidates will be posted in BPCL’s Mumbai Refinery at the time of induction. Only male candidates can apply for these positions. The natives of Maharashtra will be preferred for this recruitment.
The requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
- Date of announcement of notification at BPCL website: 21-June-2014
- Last Date of receipt of application at BPCL: 07-July-2014 (15 Days from the date of publication of this notification on the website of BPCL)
- Date for reckoning age and education: 01-July-2014
Name of the Positions:
- Fire Operator (Grade-7): 13 Posts (Gen-06, OBC(NCL)-06, ST-01)
- PWD candidates can also apply for these positions, but they have to qualify the general standards of Merit.
Pay Scale & Remuneration:
- The candidates selected for these posts will receive a starting basic pay of Rs.13800 per month in the scale of Grade-7 at the rate of Rs.13800 – Rs.41000 per month.
- The CTC would be around Rs.7 Lakhs per annum including DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation.
- The Candidates should have passed First Class Diploma in Engineering (Chemical/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Instrumentation / Civil / Fire Engineering) or First Class B.Sc. (Physics / Chemistry).
- The minimum percentage will be reduced to 50% marks for SC, ST candidates.
- Certificate/ Diploma in Fire & Safety from a recognized institute will be an added advantage.
- The candidates applying for these posts must possess a valid Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving license / Light Motor Vehicle with Heavy Motor Vehicle/ Learning Driving Licence.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering will not be eligible to apply for these posts.
- The Candidates should have completed at least 2 years of Post-Qualification experience in fire fighting/ fire services in petrochemical, industrial fire services/ fire brigades.
- Knowledge of operation, inspection and maintenance of all first aid, fixed and automatic fire protection systems including the fire fighting appliances, rescue tools, and breathing sets is desirable for these posts.
- A candidate must not have attained the maximum age of 30 years as on 01-July-2014
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates (SC/ST/PWD/OBC/Ex-SM candidates etc.)
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with Bharat Petroleum needs to be medically fit as per Bharat Petroleum’s pre-employment medical standards.
Mode of Selection:
- The candidates will be shortlisted for Personal Interview in after a preliminary Written Examination and Physical Fitness Test for the above disciplines.
- Only male candidates can apply for these posts
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
- The final induction will be done after clearing the Pre-Employment Medical Test
How to Apply:
- Candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions will have to apply through the prescribed format of Application neatly typed on an A4 size paper as detailed on the websites of BPCL at http://www.bpclcareers.in/
- The applicants are advised to read through the detailed notification as published at http://www.bpclcareers.in/Images/287BPCLEmpNewsEHRevised.pdf, before applying.
- The candidates should practice acute caution for filling the application form with facts
- The Candidates are required to affix two latest passport size colour photographs (One to be pasted at the top right corner of the application) and enclose copies of relevant certificates and put their running signature on the Application Form.
- One copy of the application should be kept with the candidate for future reference.
- The envelope containing the application form should be super-scribed with “Application for the Post of: (……………………) Name of the post with Discipline”
- Address to send completed application form:
The Senior Manager (ER)
BPCL Mumbai Refinery, Mahul, Mumbai 400074