With its recent notification, BPCL Kochi refinery invites competent applications for 60 posts of General Workman – B (from Chemical/ Mechanical disciplines) and 11 Posts of General Workman – B Trainee (from Welder/ Fitter/ Turner/ MMV disciplines) respectively. The selected candidates for these posts will be posted at Kochi with All India Service/ Transfer Liability.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
- Date of announcement/ receipt of application at BPCL: 01-Sep-2014
- Last Date of receipt of application at BPCL: 15-Sep-2014 (15 Days from the date of publication of Notification)
Name of the Positions:
General Workman – B: 60 Posts [UR-37, SC-6, ST-1, OBC-16 out of which PWD-01]
- General Workman – B (Chemical): 30 Vacancies
- General Workman – B (Mechanical): 30 Vacancies
General Workman – B (Trainee): 11 Posts [UR-06, SC-1, ST-1, OBC-3]
- General Workman – B Trainee (Turner): 03 Vacancies
- General Workman – B Trainee (Welder): 03 Vacancies
- General Workman – B Trainee (Fitter): 03 Vacancies
- General Workman – B Trainee (Mechanic-Motor Vehicle): 02 Vacancies
Pay Scale & Remuneration:
- General Workman – B: The candidates selected for these posts will receive a starting basic pay of Rs.12500 per month in the scale of Rs.12500 – Rs.22000 per month. The starting salary will be around Rs.33790 per month including DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation.
- General Workman – B – Trainee: The candidates selected for these posts will receive a starting basic pay of Rs.11500 per month in the scale of Rs.11500 – Rs.20000 per month. The starting salary will be around Rs.31340 per month including DA and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation.
Academic Requirements & Experience:
- General Workman – B: The Candidates should have first class Diploma in Chemical/ Mechanical Engineering (Full time course) with 60% marks (50% for SC/ST). Candidates having 1 year Post-qualification experience in a Refining/ Petroleum/ Power/ Chemical/ Lube/ Petrochemical/ Fertilizer Industry, OR, having 1 year Apprenticeship Training in the above industry will be preferred.
- General Workman – B – Trainee: The Candidates should have passed SSC/ Matriculation or equivalent with a 1st class (full time) National Trade Certificate in the respective trades with not less than 60% marks (50% for SC/ST). Heavy Vehicle Driving License is desirable for these posts.
- A candidate must be within a maximum age of 30 years as on 01-Aug-2014
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates (SC/ST/PWD/OBC etc.)
- Desirous candidates seeking employment with Bharat Petroleum needs to be medically fit as per Bharat Petroleum’s pre-employment medical standards.
Mode of Selection:
- The candidates will be shortlisted for Personal Interview in after a preliminary Written Examination for the above disciplines.
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection
- The final induction will be done after clearing the Pre-Employment Medical Fitness Test.
How to Apply:
- Candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions will have to apply ONLINE through the websites of BPCL at http://www.bpclcareers.in
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed advertisement as available at http://bharatpetroleum.in/Kochicareers/kochi_career.aspx or at http://bharatpetroleum.in/Kochicareers/pdf/advt_2014_Trainee.pdf, prior to applying Online for these posts.
- The candidates should practice acute caution for filling the application form with facts
- The candidates should upload their latest passport size photograph and scanned signature at the Application Form
- All necessary certificate (true copies) should be attached with the hardcopy of the application form and should be kept safe with the candidate to be produced before the selection committee when asked (for future reference).
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is a Fortune 500, leading Navratna Public Sector Company in the exciting and dynamic energy sector, engaged in Refining, Marketing and Distribution of Petroleum products and also in exploration of Oil / Gas, with an annual turnover of over Rs.250,649 crores for the year 2012-13. As one of India’s largest corporations, BPCL provides ample of opportunity with a lifetime of personal and professional development.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>