The High Court of Bombay has been the authority for State of Maharashtra to offer justice to commons. This is working in line with the constitution of India, for guarding the legal rights of citizens in this sovereign country.
With the recent announcement from the Bombay High Court, there is an opportunity for aspirants for a career as District Judge.
The details of eligibility conditions and the criteria for selection are described in brief underneath.
- Date of publication of Notification: 01-July-2014
- Last date for submission of Online Application: 21-July-2014 till 5:30 PM
- Last date for receipt of physical copy of online application: 28-July-2014
Name of the Position: District Judge
No of vacancies: 17 Posts
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
- The selected candidates will be eligible for a scale pay in the range of Rs.51550 – Rs.63070 in addition to DA and other allowances as admissible for judicial service of Maharashtra.
- The selected candidate will serve for a minimum period of 2 years on probation.
Service Agreement Bond:
- The selected candidate will have to execute a Bond in the sum of Rs.200000 (Rupee Two Lakhs only) to work in the post for a period of 3 years from the date of joining.
- The candidates must be a citizen of India, or a subject of Bhutan/ Nepal, or a refugee from Tibet, or a national of Indian origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, East African countries prior to January 01, 1962.
- The candidates other than citizens of India need to produce appropriate certificates in support of their claim of nationality.
- The candidate must be holding a Degree in Law from a reputed and recognized university in India
- The candidate must have at least 7 years of practice experience in any district court, sub-court as an Advocate, Judicial Officer or a Public Prosecutor.
- The candidates who have worked or are working as a Public Prosecutor are also eligible for consideration if they fulfill the 7 years of experience criteria as on the date of publication of this advertisement.
- The candidates should have attained a minimum age of 35 years and should not exceed the maximum age of 45 years as on the date of publication of this advertisement.
- However, the maximum age is relaxed up to 48 years for reserved category of candidates.
Understanding and Skill of Marathi language:
- The candidate must have sufficient knowledge of Marathi language to read, speak and write as well as translate Marathi-English and vice-versa.
- For General category candidates: Rs.1000 (Rupees One Thousand only)
- For others as classified as backward communities: Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred only)
- The application fee is to be submitted in form of Demand Draft drawn in favor of “The Assistant Registrar, for Registrar General, Bombay High Court, Appellate Side, Bombay” and to reach The Registrar General, Bombay High Court, Fort, Mumbai – 400032 on or before the stipulated date.
Who will NOT BE ELIGIBLE for these posts:
a) If a person has been compulsorily retired/ dismissed from Judicial service from State/ Central government under any ground
b) If he has been convicted of an offense involving moral turpitude
c) If the candidate has been permanently debarred by the High Court or UPSC or State Public service Commission for any reason
d) If found guilty of impersonating
e) If the candidate is a man having more than one wife living and if she is a woman married a man who already has a wife
f) If the candidate has more than two children (as per Maharashtra State Civil Service Rules, 2005)
g) If a candidate is not able to provide the proof as attested copy of the original certificate in this effect.
h) The candidates who offer improper/ misleading information
- The selection for the post of District Judge will be conducted through Written Examination followed by an Interview for these posts.
- The selection will be done on a Merit Ranking basis.
Mode of Application: ONLINE only
How to Apply:
- A candidate can apply ONLINE ONLY through the website of Bombay High Court at http://www.bombayhighcourt.nic.in
- The candidates are advised to go through the detailed Advertisement as available at https://188.8.131.52/dj2014/advtdj2014.pdf, prior to applying for these posts.
- The candidates have to upload all the supporting documents with respect to their age, educational qualification, experience and special privilege claim (if any) during the online submission of application (if asked)
- The candidates are required to upload their photographs and signature at the appropriate spaces on the Online Application Form.
- The print copy of the application along with all supporting documents should be attached in an envelope and should be super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POSTS OF DISTRICT JUDGE”
- The applications must reach by the last date specified to the following address by Registered Post with A.D.:
The Office of the Registrar General
High Court, Fort, Mumbai – 400032