Bihar Water Resource Department Recruitment 2014 For 229 Junior Engineers (Mechanical)
Department of Water Resources is one of the most vital government machinery under the Bihar State Government. The department also maintains close liaison with the Water Boards of the Central Government so as to formulate actions for Water management in the state of Bihar. Post bifurcated Bihar supports a population of 8.29 crores, within a geographical area 94163 sq. km. making it one of the most densely populated states in India. The thrust on agriculture in general and irrigation in particular has been pronounced on account of tremendous increase in population density. It’s felt necessary that Bihar’s problems of poverty and lack of economic growth can be addressed only through a rapid growth of agricultural productivity. To attend this goal, the state government felt necessity of extension of irrigation facilities on a large scale. The Water Resource Department is entrusted the responsibility to cater to this vital need of the state. Also being one of the most flood-prone area of the country, this department bears a major responsibility in checking the flood and utilizing the water resource in the constructive development of the state.
With the recent announcement the Bihar State Water Resource Department has notified for recruitment of 229 Junior Engineers from Mechanical Disciplines for the year 2014. The recruitment will follow the norms of Bihar State Government Service. Applications are invited from eligible applicants with adequate qualification and experience.
The details of the requirements and the eligibility conditions of application are as mentioned underneath:
- Last Date for Sending Completed Application Forms: 31-January-2014
Vacancy Post/ Number of Vacancies:
- Junior Engineer (Mechanical) Diploma Holder: 229 Posts (UR-115, SC-37, ST-02, BC-27, EBC-41 & BC(Women)-07)
- The eligible candidates, who are selected for the positions will be eligible for a consolidated pay scale in the range of Rs.20000 per month till their contract recruitment period.
- No other allowances and facilities will be offered as per rules of the Bihar State Government norms.
Period of Engagement:
The candidates selected for the posts will be inducted on a maximum period of engagement of 1 year (12 months) from the date of joining.
Essential eligibility Conditions:
- The candidates applying for these posts must be over 18 years and must not have attained more than 37 years of age as on 1-Jan-2014.
- However, the relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable as per the rules only for the natives of Bihar.
- The candidates must have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering so as to be considered for these posts.
- Bachelors Degree/ Higher Degree qualifications will not be eligible for applying for these posts.
- All Education should be full-time and should be preferably from a recognized Institution of the state/ central government.
- The candidates should have adequate fluency in Hindi Language and Devanagari Script and should have fair knowledge of Bihar culture and traditions.
- The selection of candidates will be done through a Written Test, and Personal Interview (if required) as per the discretion of the Bihar Water Resource Department.
- Only those candidates selected on the basis of merit will be allowed for recruitment
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply only through the prescribed format of application as available on the website of Department of Water Resource at http://wrd.bih.nic.in/
- The applicants need to fill their application form with facts and completed all vital fields required
- The candidates are required to get acquainted with the eligibility conditions prior to applying for the jobs
- No other mode of application will be accepted
- The applicants are advised to keep one copy of the application form for future use.
- The applications complete in all respect must reach the under-mentioned address through Speed Post/ Registered Posts as on the last date specified (31-Jan-2014 by 06:00 PM)
- Address to send completed application:
Mr. Subhash Chandra Sharma
Water Resource Department
Sinchai Bhawan, Patna – 800015
One musr refer to Official Advertisement here http://wrd.bih.nic.in/download/year_2013/press_release_1277.pdf
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>