Bihar State Power Holding Company Limited (BSPHCL) on behalf of its three subsidiary companies namely North Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd. (NBPDCL), South Bihar Power Distribution Company Ltd. (SBPDCL) and Bihar State Power Transmission Company Ltd. (BSPTCL) has been functioning as one of the vital companies responsible for power holding and distribution throughout the state. Though BSPHCL deals in only one product, i.e., electrical power, its significance and utility value is enormous for the State. Almost all aspects of modern life-style are dependent on it in one way or another.
In order to ensure that its responsibilities are discharged effectively and efficiently, the Company has engaged nearly 1,700 officer and 14,850 staffs on various posts to generate its own power and to maintain proper distribution system. It arranges to supply the electricity properly to the consumers and maintain their equipments.
With the recent announcement from the BSPHCL, there is requirement of Assistant Electrical Engineer, Assistant Engineer (Civil), Revenue Officer, Junior Electrical Engineer & Junior Engineer (Civil), who will be working with the Bihar State Power Generation, Distribution and Transmission Companies.
The details of the vacancies and the requisite criteria for selection are detailed as below:
- Opening of Online Submission of Application Form: 20-August-2013
- Last date for completion of Online Submission of Application Form: 16-Sept-2013
- Last date for receipt of hardcopy of the application along with essential certificates: 23-Sept-2013 till 05:00 PM
Details of the Vacancies: Total 791 Posts
- Assistant Electrical Engineer (AEE): 208 Positions (UR-104, SC-34, ST-3, EBC-37, BC-23 & Women(BC)-7)
- Assistant Engineer (AE-Civil): 17 Positions (UR-10, SC-2, EBC-3, BC-2)
- Revenue Officer (RO): 53 Positions (UR-27, SC-8, EBC-9, BC-7 & Women(BC)-2)
- Junior Electrical Engineer (JEE) Gr-II: 453 Positions (UR-218, SC-70, ST-4, EBC-78, BC-52 & Women(BC)-13)
- Junior Engineer (JE-Civil) Gr-II: 60 Positions (UR-30, SC-10, EBC-10, BC-8 & Women(BC)-2)
NOTE: For company wise breakup of the vacancy, please refer to the detailed advertisement at http://bsphcl.bih.nic.in/Docs/NB/NB-01-16-08-2013.pdf
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- Assistant Electrical Engineer (AEE)/ AE-Civil/ RO: Rs.32000 – Rs.51000 which includes HRA and will be on consolidated basis
- Junior Electrical Engineer (JEE) Gr-II/ JE Gr-II: Rs.15500 – Rs.24000 which includes HRA and will be on consolidated basis
- The candidates selected for the post will be appointed on a probation period of 2 years from the date of appointment. If during probation period, the performance is not found satisfactory, probation shall be extended by one year. Even if during extended period of probation the performance is not satisfactory, the services shall be terminated.
- Interested candidates applying for these posts must have reached the minimum age of 21 years and should not have crossed the maximum age of 37 years as on 31-Aug-2013.
- However, relaxation in upper age for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD/ BC/ EBC/ Women will be applicable as per rules.
Academic Requirements (as on closing date of receipt of Application):
- Assistant Electrical Engineer: Must have completed BE/ BTech/ BSc (Engg.) in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Tele-communication/ Power Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
- Assistant Engineer (Civil): Must have completed BE/ BTech/ BSc (Engg.) in Civil Engineering/ Construction Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
- Revenue Officer: Must have completed 2 years full-time MBA/ PGDBM along with BE/ BTech/ BSc (Engg.) in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Tele-communication/ Power Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
- Junior Electrical Engineer, Gr.-II: Must have completed 3 years full-time Diploma in Electrical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
- Junior Engineer Civil, Gr.-II: Must have completed 3 years full-time Diploma in Civil Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
- The Percentage of marks will be relaxed for SC/ ST/ BC and EBC Candidates
- For SC/ ST candidates of Bihar State: Rs.250
- For all others including SC/ST from other states: Rs.1000
- Application fee need to be deposited in the BSPHCL Current A/C No.- (Power Jyoti) 31963202219 in any branch of State Bank of India by filling a triplicate Challan which may be downloaded from prescribed website as mentioned
- In absence of Caste Certificate the candidates will be treated as UR category and they have to pay a fee of Rs.1000 in full
Selection Procedure :
- For AEE/ AE (Civil): The selection process will involve GATE Score (80%), Interview (10%) and relevant work experience (10%). No weightage will be given to candidates having below 2 years of experience.
- For JEE, Gr.-II / JE (Civil), Gr.-II: The selection process will involve shortlisting on the basis of career marks, Written examination and Interview. The scores will be Written test (75%), relevant work experience (10%) and reserved 15% for BE/ BTech/ BSc Engg in relevant branches of Engineering qualification. No weightage will be given to candidates having below 2 years of experience.
- For RO: The selection process will involve shortlisting on the basis of career marks, Written examination (80%), relevant work experience (10%) and Interview (10%). No weightage will be given to candidates having below 2 years of experience.
How to Apply:
- All candidates have to fill up correct details and upload their scanned signature and photographs at the appropriate spaces on the Application.
- No other mode of Application will be received or accepted
- Print out of the application along with necessary certificates, as specified on Website, shall have to be sent through registered post/ speed post to the address mentioned below so as to reach by the date designated (i.e. 23-Sept-2013)
- Addres to send completed application form:
Durgapur Public Institute (DPI)
Eman Kalyan Sarani, Sec:2C
Bidhannagar, Durgapur: 713212
Beside: Mission Hospital