Bihar Health Department Recruitment 2014 for 4977 Nurse – Gr-A through Bihar Staff Selection Commission
Health & Welfare has been the prime concern for the Government of Bihar since its formation as a State. In the process, the government has also been able to control and cure illnesses such as tuberculosis, malaria, pneumonia and water borne diseases to a certain extent. The Health Department of Bihar is working towards providing health care to the last household and to the last person of the state. The State Government is totally committed in building healthy people, not only by making available quality Medicare facilities at the door step of every citizen in the remotest corner of the state, but also by providing medical facilities of the highest order, keeping pace with rapid technological developments in the field of medicine.
With the recent announcement from Bihar SSC, applications from eligible candidates are being invited for 4977 posts of Nurse Grade-A under the state Health Department of Bihar. These Nurses will be posted under various Medical College Hospitals and Super Specialty Hospitals of the state government.
The details of the vacancies and criteria for selection thereof are described as under:
Mode of Application:
The applications are intended to be filled through ONLINE mode only at the website of the Bihar SSC.
- Date of publication of Notification: 12-Feb-2014
- Date of starting for Online Registration of Application: 22-Feb-2014
- Date of closing of Online Registration of Application: 22-Mar-2014 till midnight
- Date for payment of application fees: from 24-Feb-2014 till 19-Mar-2014
Details of the vacancies:
- Nurse Grade-A: 4977 Positions (SC-875, ST-39, EBC-976, BC-486, WBC-168, & UR-2433)
Note: The actual vacancies may increase or decrease as per requirements and at discretion of BSSC.
- The rules of reservation for SC, ST, BC, EBC, Women BC (WBC) candidates are applicable as per the normal recruitment norms.
- The candidates selected for GNM posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of PB-II at the range of Rs.9300 – Rs.34800 along with a Grade Pay of Rs.4600 with other perks and allowances as per the State Health Department.
Criteria for Age:
- The candidates should have attained a minimum age of 21 years and should not have crossed the max age limit of 37 years as on 1-August-2013
- However, the age relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable for candidates belonging to respective identified categories (SC, ST, BC, EBC, WBC, PWD, Ex-Servicemen, etc.)
Criteria for Education:
- The applicant must have passed GNM Course from any institution recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidates should possess the certificate of course completion along with the mark-sheet of GNM course in this effect.
- For SC, ST: Rs. 100 only
- For all others: Rs.375 only
- The payment can be made through the system generated fee payment challan (after submission of Online Application) in any branch of State Bank of India as per the instructions with the dates mentioned above.
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted
- The selection will be made on the basis of career assessment, experience, higher qualification and Interview as per the discretion of the State Health Department.
- The weightage will be as follows:
- Marks obtained in GNM Course: 50%
- Higher Degree qualification: 10%
- Experience in Bihar Government Hospital: 05% for 1 year of experience and maximum 25%
- Interview: 15%
- Qualifying marks will be 40% for General candidates, 36.5% for BC candidates, 34% for EBC candidates and 32% for SC/ST candidates.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
- The candidates can apply only through the online mode at the website of the Bihar SSC at http://bssc.bih.nic.in . No other mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates can verify their eligibility and other terms at the website of Bihar SSC at http://online.bsscpatna.com/ or at http://bssc.bih.nic.in/NoticeBoard.htm
- The candidates should ensure that their personal email ID is kept active during the recruitment period
- The candidate should fill in competent details with factual information.
- The candidates should upload their photo and signature at appropriate spaces
- The candidates are advised to keep the copy of the Application Form with the copy of fee payment receipt for future reference.
- No further editing of application will be accepted by the Staff Selection Commission.
- No hardcopy of the application is required to be sent to the SSC at this moment.
One must refer to official advertisement here http://online.bsscpatna.com/Adv_details_04040114.pdf