Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL) is a Public Sector Undertaking engaged in mining of coal and allied activities. It is a subsidiary of A Subsidiary of Maharatna Company Coal India Limited (CIL). It occupies an important place as the bulk producer of the coking coal mined in the country. BCCL meets almost 50% of the total prime coking coal requirement of the integrated steel sector. Incorporated in 1972 BCCL was formed to operate 214 numbers of coking coal mines operating in the Jharia & Raniganj Coalfields. The BCCL was nationalized to ensure planned development of the scarce coking coal resources in the country. Currently, the Company operates 81 coal mines which include 40 underground, 18 opencast & 23 mixed mines in the same area.
With its extensive expansion plan and on-going reforms this company opens a challenging opportunity for young and dynamic professionals to join as Jr. Overman, Mining Sirdar and Surveyor (Mining) in its operational area.
The category-wise vacancies and requisite criteria for selection are as indicated below:
Name of the Job Position: Jr. Overman, Mining Sirdar and Surveyor (Mining)
Number of Vacancies: 472 vacancies
- Final date for submission of Application Form in prescribed format: 10-Oct-2013 by 5:00 PM
- Date for reckoning age and education: 10-Oct-2013
- Jr. Overman: 142 Positions (UR-32, SC-19, ST-84, OBC-NCL-07)
- Mining Sirdar: 317 Positions (UR-92, SC-50, ST-154, OBC-NCL-21)
- Surveyor (Mining): 13 Positions (UR-06, SC-02, ST-05)
- Jr. Overman: Basic Pay Rs.19035.02 per month with other allowances
- Mining Sirdar: Basic Pay Rs.19035.02 per month with other allowances
- Surveyor (Mining): Basic Pay Rs. 20552.37 per month with other allowances
- Jr. Overman: Candidates should have passed 3 years Diploma in Mining Engineering and must have a valid ‘Overman’s Certificate of Competency issued by DGMS’, ‘Gas Testing Certificate’ & a valid ‘First Aid Certificate’.
- Mining Sirdar: Candidates should have a valid ‘Mining Sirdar’s Certificate issued by DGMS’, ‘Gas Testing Certificate’ & a valid ‘First Aid Certificate’.
- Surveyor (Mining): Candidates should have passed matriculation with a valid Surveyors Certificate of Competency issued by DGMS
- Candidates pursuing courses are not eligible to apply.
- A candidate must be within a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum age of 30 years as on the last date for submission of application (i.e. 10-Oct-2013)
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category of candidates as per rules.
- The selected candidates will have to undergo medical examination by the Company’s Authorized Medical Board and the final appointment / joining will be subject to declaration of “MEDICAL FITNESS” by Company’s Authorized Medical Board only.
Mode of Selection:
- Selection Process will consist of Written Examination and shortlisted candidates will be called for Interview before final selection.
- Selected candidates who will be declared ‘Medically Fit’ will be appointed by the Company
- For General and OBC candidates: Rs.100
- For SC/ST candidates: Fees exempted
- The fees can be remitted in shape of a Demand Draft from any Nationalized Bank in favour of “BHARAT COKING COAL LIMITED” payable at DHANBAD. No other mode of fee payment will be accepted.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can download the format of Application from the website of the BCCL at http://www.bccl.gov.in/newpdfs/overman.pdf
- The candidates are required to print the form in a Good quality A4 size paper and fill up the form, in own handwriting, with all other details as asked.
- Photographs should be pasted as and where it is required along with the signatures at the right place.
- Applications completed in all respect and enclosed with all essential documents and Demand Draft should be enclosed in an envelope super-scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _______________” in bold and capital letters.
- This envelope should be forwarded through Registered/Speed Post so as to reach on or before the last date specified
- Address to send the completed application:
The General Manager (Recruitment)
Bharat Coking Coal Limited, Koyla Bhawan
Koyla Nagar, Post- BCCL Township,
Dhanbad, Jharkhand, PIN- 826005