Bangalore Electricity (BESCOM) Recruitment 2014 for Various Positions of Asst. Engineers, Asst. Acc. Officer and JE
Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) is a primary power distribution company responsible for distribution in 8 districts of Karnataka. BESCOM covers an area of 41,092 Sq. Kms. with a population of over 207 lacs. The company presently caters to three operating zones – Bangalore Metropolitan Area Zone, Bangalore Rural Area Zone and Chitradurga Zone. Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) has taken over the responsibility from KPTCL for the distribution of electricity in 8 districts and commenced its operations from 1st June 2002.
With the recent announcement from BESCOM, a notice has been served inviting candidates for the vacancy positions of Assistant Engineer (Civil/ Electrical), Junior Engineer (Civil/ Electrical) and Assistant Accounts Officers in various pay grades.
The details of vacancies and eligibility criteria for application are detailed as under:
- Date of Publication of Notification: 08-Aug-2014
- Date of Starting of Online Submission of Application: 11-Aug-2014
- Date of Closing of Online Registration of Application: 11-Sep-2014 till 05:00 PM
Details of the vacancies:
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical – for BE/AMIE in Electrical Engineering): 56 Positions (SC-09, ST-02, GM-28, Cat-I-02, Cat-II-A-09, Cat-II-B-02, Cat-III-A-02, Cat-III-B-02 out of which General-16, Women-20, Rural-13, Ex-Military-02, Kannada Medium-01 & Physically Challanged-04)
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical – for BE in Computer Engineering/ Information Science/ Information Technology): 07 Positions (SC-01, GM-03, Cat-I-01, Cat-II-A-01, Cat-II-B-01, out of which General-02, Rural-02, Ex-Military-03)
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical – for BE in Electronics & Telecomm Engineering/ Electronics & Communication Engineering): 07 Positions (SC-01, GM-04, Cat-II-A-01, Cat-III-B-01, out of which General-02, Women-02, Rural-02, Kannada Medium-01)
- Assistant Engineer (Civil – for BE in Civil Engineering): 02 Positions (SC-01, GM-01 out of which General-01, Women-01)
- Assistant Accounts Officer (for MCom/ MBA-Finance/ pass in ICWA): 10 Positions (SC-02, ST-01, GM-05, Cat-I-01, Cat-II-A-01 out of which General-05, Women-03, Rural-01, & Physically Challanged-01)
- Junior Engineer (Electrical – for Diploma in Electrical Engineering): 05 Positions (SC-01, ST-01, GM-02, Cat-I-01 out of which General-04, Women-01)
- The rules of reservation for SC, ST, and others including women and PWD candidates are applicable as per the Govt. of Karnataka.
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical/ Civil): The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.18380 – Rs.32610 along with other perks and allowances as applicable in Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Ltd.
- Assistant Accounts Officer: The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.18380 – Rs.32610 along with other perks and allowances as applicable in Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Ltd.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical): The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.11750 – Rs.29070 along with other perks and allowances as applicable in Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Ltd.
Criteria for Education:
- Assistant Engineer (Electrical): The applicants must have passed BE/ AMIE (Section A&B) in Electrical/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Information Science/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Assistant Engineer (Civil): The applicants must have passed BE/ AMIE (Section A&B) in Civil Engineering.
- Assistant Accounts Officer: The applicants must have passed MCom/ MBA with specialization in Finance / ICWA (pass) to apply for these posts.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical): The applicants must have passed Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a Polytechnic in Karnataka or equivalent.
- All applicants must have standard eyesight and physical fitness. The applicants should know Kannada thoroughly.
Minimum percentage of Marks:
- For General candidates: 60%
- For IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB: 50%
- For SC/ST and Cat-I: Pass Certificate
- The applicant must has obtained at least 18 years of age and should not have exceeded 35 years of age as on 11-Sep-2014 (as per the last date of submission of application).
- However, relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per norms for privileged categories.
Application Fee and Intimation charges:
- For SC, ST: Rs. 2000 only (Rupees Two Thousand only)
- For all others: Rs.4000 only (Rupees Four Thousand only)
- The payment can be made through a Demand Draft drawn on nay nationalized bank in favour of The General Manager (A&HR), BESCOM and should be payable at Bangalore (as mentioned in the detailed advertisement)
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted
- The selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Written Test, marks obtained in the qualifying examination and experience on a Merit list. The list will be prepared by the BESCOM for such selection.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply only through the ONLINE MODE at the website of the BESCOM at www.bescom.org . No other mode of application will be accepted.
- The candidates are advised to read the detailed application requirement from the advertisement available at the website of BESCOM at https://www.meta-secure.com/bescom/pdf/EmploymentNotification.pdf, prior to applying Online.
- The candidates should ensure that their email ID is kept active during the recruitment period
- The candidate should fill in competent details with factual information.
- The candidates should upload their photo and signature at appropriate spaces
- The candidates are advised to keep the copy of the Application Form with the copy of fee payment receipt for future reference.
- The candidates are advised to visit the website of BESCOM regularly for future updates.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>