Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) Recruitment 2014 for 580 Positions of Assistant Lineman (Male/ Female)
Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) is responsible for power distribution in the Eight districts of Karnataka. BESCOM covers an area of 41,092 Sq. Kms. with a population of over 207 lacs. The company presently caters to three operating zones – Bangalore Metropolitan Area Zone, Bangalore Rural Area Zone and Chitradurga Zone.
With the constitution of Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC) in November 1999, the transmission and distribution business managed by KPTCL were unbundled as the next phase of the reform process. Four new distribution companies were formed to distribute power in Karnataka.
Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) has taken over the responsibility from KPTCL for the distribution of electricity in 8 districts and commenced its operations from 1st June 2002.
With the recent announcement from BESCOM, a corrigendum notice has been served with effect to the Notification No. BESCOM/BC-31/2670/2011-12, published on 09-Dec-2011 for inviting Female candidates for the posts of Assistant Lineman. With this corrigendum 30% reservation will be applicable for female candidates and appropriate reservation for the PWD candidates as per the ruling of the Hon’ble court. The Male candidates already applied for the positions need not apply again for these posts as their candidature will be considered valid for appointment. Applications from eligible candidates are being encouraged to apply for various positions of Assistant Lineman as per the detailed mentioned hereunder.
- Date of publication of notification: 03-Mar-2014
- Date of Starting of Online Submission of Application: 15-Mar-2014
- Date of Closing of Online Registration of Application: 15-Apr-2014
Details of the vacancies:
- For candidates possessing pass certificate of 18/24 months course in Electrician/ Electronics/ Electronic Mechanic trade from Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) as recognized by the Government of Karnataka: 363 Positions (SC-55, ST-11, GM-181, Cat-I-15, Cat-II-A-55, Cat-II-B-15, Cat-III-A-14, Cat-III-B-17 out of which General-204, Rural-93, Ex-Military-33, Kannada Medium-19 & Project Displaced-14)
- For candidates possessing pass certificate of 3 Years course in Lineman/Electrician trade from Industrial Training Centres (ITCs) as recognized by the KEB/ KPTCL: 217 Positions (SC-32, ST-07, GM-109, Cat-I-09, Cat-II-A-32, Cat-II-B-08, Cat-III-A-09, Cat-III-B-11 out of which General-121, Rural-54, Ex-Military-21, Kannada Medium-08 & Project Displaced-13)
- The rules of reservation for SC, ST, and others including women and PWD candidates are applicable as per the Govt. of Karnataka order no. EN 193 EEB 2012 dated 19-Jan-2013.
- The candidates selected for these posts will be eligible to receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.7950 – Rs.16790 along with other perks and allowances as applicable in Hubli Electricity Supply Company Limited.
Criteria for Education:
- For Govt. of Karnataka recognized ITI Candidates: The applicants must have passed a certificate course of 18/24 months course in Electrician/ Electronics/ Electronic Mechanic trade.
- For the candidates who have undergone training (3 years) in KEB/KPTCL recognized ITCs: The applicants must have passed 10th (Matriculation) or equivalent examination with a 3 years Certificate course in Lineman/ Electrician trade.
- Candidates possessing qualification in other disciplines/branches other than what is specified above need not apply.
- All applicants must have standard eyesight and physical fitness. The applicants should know Kannada thoroughly.
Minimum percentage of Marks:
- For General candidates: 60%
- For IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB: 55%
- For SC/ST and Cat-I: Pass Certificate
- The applicant must has obtained at least 18 years of age and should not have exceeded 35 years of age as on 11-Jan-2012 (as per the dates of previous notice).
- However, relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per norms for privileged categories.
- Age relaxation from 09-Dec-2011 till the date of issue of Notification, will be extended to the female candidates possessing ITI Certificates as per the Orders of the Hon’ble High Court of Karnataka.
Application Fee and Intimation charges:
- For SC, ST: Rs. 200 only
- For all others: Rs.400 only
- The payment can be made through a system generated bank challan in any branch of State Bank of India.
- The candidates can also pay the Application fee by using Net Banking option, any Bank ATM cum Debit card, Internet Banking.
- The applicants have to submit separate application fees, if they desire for applying in both ITI and ITC category of posts.
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted
- The selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Written Test, marks obtained in the qualifying examination and experience on a Merit list. The list will be prepared by the BESCOM for such selection.
- No marks are allocated to the endurance test. However, in order to qualify for the selection, the candidate has to compulsorily climb the electric pole and get through in 2 events out of total 5 events.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply only through the ONLINE MODE at the website of the BESCOM at www.bescom.org . No other mode of application will be accepted.
- The applicants (Female candidates) possessing pass certificate in ITI as on 11-Jan-2012 are only eligible to apply for these posts.
- The candidates are advised to read the detailed application requirement from the advertisement available at the website of BESCOM at http://bescom.org/en/notifications/alm-recruitment/
- The candidates should ensure that their email ID is kept active during the recruitment period
- The candidate should fill in competent details with factual information.
- The candidates should upload their photo and signature at appropriate spaces
- The candidates are advised to keep the copy of the Application Form with the copy of fee payment receipt for future reference.
- The candidates are advised to visit the website of BESCOM regularly for future updates.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>