BARC Recruitment 2014 for Engaging Technical Officers in 5 Categories for Group-A Gazetted Posts – Advertisement No. 02/2014 (R-IV)
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) is one of the premier organizations for atomic research and development of atomic energy for India. This premier organization is dedicatedly serving our country for atomic energy channelization for the last 60 years. The BARC is operating many research centers and development facilities across our nation and in process always remains in search for young, enthusiastic and educated individuals to join its work force in various profiles.
With its present notification, BARC has invited applications for 27 posts of Technical Officers in 5 distinct categories for Group-A Gazetted Posts. The details of the application procedure and criteria for selection are detailed as under:
- Starting Date of Receipt of Online Application: 05-May-2014
- Last date of Registration of Online Application: 30-May-2014
- Date of Examination: The date of the written Examination is yet to be declared
Details of the Vacancy: Technical Officer (Group-A, Gazetted Posts)
- Technical Officer/C (Electrical): 03 Vacancies (ST-01, UR-02)
- Technical Officer/C (Electronics): 03 Vacancies (ST-01, OBC-01, UR-01)
- Technical Officer/C (Mechanical): 02 Vacancies (SC)
- Technical Officer/C (Physics): 10 Vacancies (SC-01, OBC-03, UR-06)
- Technical Officer/C (Chemistry): 09 Vacancies (SC-01, OBC-03, UR-05)
- The candidates selected as Technical Officers will receive a monthly emolument in the scale of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 along with a Grade Pay of Rs.5400 per month with other perks and allowances. The approximate amount during the induction months will be around Rs.54500 in A-1 cities.
- As on 30-May-2014, the age of the candidate must not have crossed 35 years.
- However, relaxation will be applicable in upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and PWD categories
- Technical Officer/C (Electrical): All of the aspirants should have passed B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Knowledge of different high voltage high current semi-conductor switches and their applications for development of compact high voltage power supplies, knowledge of basic governing mathematical equations involved in the functioning of a high voltage pulse power system, different types of capacitors & high voltage spark gap switches and their applications, etc. are desirable for these posts.
- Technical Officer/C (Electronics): All of the aspirants should have passed B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics Engineering with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Knowledge of developing firmware for FPGA and DSP based systems, knowledge of testing and debugging of FPGA based systems, and knowledge of fiber-optic passive and active components and LASERs is desirable for these posts.
- Technical Officer/C (Mechanical): All of the aspirants should have passed B.E./B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. Experience of working in component and system design tools (3D), knowledge of material properties for different insulating materials is desirable.
- Technical Officer/C (Physics): All of the aspirants should have passed M.Sc. in Physics with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. They should be familiar with knowledge of LASERs and LASER applications, semi conductors, spectroscopy techniques, computers etc. along with knowledge of equation of state modeling and design of experiment in the field of high energy density physics. Study of M.Sc. Physics with Statistics and Mathematics background will be preferred.
- Technical Officer/C (Chemistry): All of the aspirants should have passed M.Sc. in Chemistry with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. They should be familiar with knowledge in instrumental methods of chemical analysis.
- Candidates will be called for technical interview based on their academic and professional qualifications and experience in the relevant field.
- Final selection will be based on the performance in the interview.
- BARC may conduct a screening test, if the number of applicants are more.
- For SC/ST/PWD/ Women/ Dependents of Ex-SM killed in action: Fees Exempted
- For all others: Rs.250 only
- The bank charges if any, has to be paid separately
- The payment can be remitted through the prescribed Challan Form as available on the website of BARC at www.barcrecruit.gov.in in any branch of State Bank of India
How to Apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates are required to submit Online Application through the website of BARC at www.barcrecruit.gov.in
- The candidates are advised to read through the instructions as available on the detailed advertisement at http://www.barc.gov.in/careers/vacancy211.pdf thoroughly before applying Online.
- The candidates need to upload their scanned photograph and signature at appropriate spaces on the Online Application Form at the spaces provided
- After completion of Online Application Procedure the candidates should take print out of the Online Application and save that for future reference
- Any imperfection in the application form may lead to the rejection of candidature.