Not everyone is able to get a job in the banks and that too in the nationalized banks in India. Added to the struggle is the hurdle of the entrance examination and written tests that are conducted on a national basis. Bank of Baroda has been able to provide job opportunities to the students across different profiles. Starting in 1908 from Vadodara, Bank of Baroda has grown on to become the 3rd largest Nationalized Bank of the country, with around 3700 branches in over 26 countries. From time to time, Bank of Baroda comes out with advertisements for the posts of Probationary Officers, Clerks and Specialist Officers in large numbers.
It has undertaken a collaborative step with the Manipal Group of Institutions in recent years. As a result of this initiative, the Baroda-Manipal School of Banking (BMSB) has been set up, as a joint collaboration of the Bank of Baroda and the Manipal Group. It is through this school that the bright young graduates are trained professionally for a dynamic career in banking with the Bank of Baroda.
Post Graduate Diploma in Banking from Baroda Manipal School of Banking
- Under this program, the students are trained for a year in the course of Banking and Finance before they can start their career in Banking. The program offered is a full time residential training program for 1 year and is to be pursued in the campus at Bangalore.
- When the students finish the course, they receive their PG Diploma in Banking and are recruited directly into the Bank of Baroda as Probationary Officers in the rank of JMG/Scale-I.
- For the year 2013-14 the BOB has announced to intake 4 batches comprising of 300 students in each batch on a quarterly basis.
- Starting date for Online Registration of Application: 04-May-2013
- Last date for Online Registration of Application: 18-May-2013
- Date for payment of Application Fees (online): 04-May till 18-May-2013
- Date for payment of Application Fees (offline): 07-May till 22-May-2013
- Downloading of call letters: After 25-June-2013
- Tentative date for exam: 07-July-2013
Number of Candidates in Each batch of Training:
Total 300 (SC-45, ST-23, OBC-81, UR-151)
Mode of Application:
An online application form is available to be filled up at the official site or through the link provided in the careers page in the Bank of Baroda official site (www.bankofbaroda.com).
The candidate should have Graduation in any discipline with 60% (55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks from a recognized University, as on 1st of September 2013.
Age limit for the candidates is cited to be a minimum of 21 years and a maximum of 26 years as on 1st of September 2013, which can be relaxed based on the Government norms for privileged categories.
- For SC/ST/PWD: Rs.50
- For all others: Rs.550
- Fee payment will be accepted from 2nd working day after registration (through offline mode) and can be made within three working days. System generated fee payment challan will be used for depositing fee at the branches of Bank of Baroda.
- The candidates can also remit the fees through Visa/ Master Debit/ Credit cards
- As per the process of admission, an Online Test would be conducted across the country.
- The selection is done in the mode of Online Written Aptitude Test followed by Group Discussion and finally the Interview.
- The fees for this Course will be Rs. 3.15 lakhs (all inclusive of boarding, Lodging and course fees, other fees, etc.) plus service taxes, as applicable to be paid by the student.
- However, Pursuing training in the Institute (BMSB) is virtually cashless because of the option of availing the loan from the bank of Baroda at a highly concessional rate of 8% per annum
- The loan can be repaid over a period of time, after the students take up the job as probationary officer.
- The EMIs are spread over a period of 84 months (7 years) after joining
- Apart from this the candidates have to deposit nearly Rs.2500 for the exam fees for undergoing various Certification exams like NISM (Mutual Funds) and NISM (Depository Options)
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can apply through Online mode only through the website of the Bank of Baroda at www.bankofbaroda.com
- The candidates should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility before applying
- The application form should be filled in accurately and should be verified before submission.
- The data entered cannot be changed or altered.
Candidates are suggested to refer to official advertisement here.