ASRB Recruitment 2014: Combined Agricultural Research Service (ARS) & National Eligibility Test (II)
Agricultural Scientist Recruitment Board (ASRB) was established in order to support the ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) and other Agricultural Universities of the State level for selection of competent personnel for the positions of Assistant Professors/ Junior Scientists/ Scientists as well as Lecturers for the research and development of Agricultural Science in India. This board is functioning tirelessly to fulfill its objective of supporting ICAR in finding the right personnel for various levels of operation in India.
With its recent announcement, ASRB is going to conduct the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) Examination-2014 along with National Eligibility Test (NET) – 2014 (II) for selection of adequately competent workforce to join various State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) and other organizations of repute/ universities/ colleges under ICAR.
The details of the ARS Examination-2014 and National Eligibility Test (NET) – 2014 (II) are as follows:
- Starting date for registration of Online Application Form: 09-Aug-2014 from 10:00 AM
- Last date for registration of Online Application Form: 08-Sep-2014 by 05:00 PM
- Date for reckoning Age, Education: 01-Aug-2014
- Date of ARS Examination & NET-2014 (Preliminary & Combined): 22-Sep-2014 to 28-Sep-2014
- Date of ARS Examination (Main): 28-Dec-2014
Details of vacancies:
- Scientists [through ARS Examination]: 37 Disciplines/ 295 Posts [UR-118, SC-38, ST-34, OBC-105 & PWD13]
- For NET-2014: There is no restrictions on the number of posts as it is a Awarding Test to allow a person eligibility to act as a Lecturer in Agricultural Colleges/ Universities.
- The finally selected candidates through ARS Examination-2014 will be recommended for appointment as Scientists in the Indian Council of Agricultural Research in the Pay Band-III of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 plus Research Grade Pay (RGP) of Rs.6000.
- Other allowances and perks will be applicable as per ICAR regulations.
- NET will be a qualifying examination in nature to determine eligibility of a person as a Lecturer/ Assistant Professors in State Agricultural Universities and other Agricultural Universities.
Important Eligibility Conditions:
- The candidates interested for the both these examinations must have secured a Masters Degree in concerned branches of Agricultural Science with Specialization as defined on the detailed notification on or before 28-Dec-2014
- The detailed branches eligible for ARS Examination-2014 and National Eligibility Test – 2014 (II) are described on the website of ASRB at http://asrb.org.in/images/pdf/files/Notification_of_Combined_ARSNET.pdf
- The applicant must have attended the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed maximum age of 32 years of age by 1-Aug-2014 to attend the ARS-2014.
- The applicant must have attended the minimum age of 21 years to attend the NET-2014 (II).
- However, there will be age relaxation admissible for reserved category candidates as per rules of ICAR.
- For SC/ST/ PWD candidates: Rs.250 [ARS-Nil + NET-250]
- For General / OBC (Non-Creamy Layer): Rs.1500 [ARS-500 + NET-1000]
- For women candidates: NIL
- The candidates applying for any one examination are required to remit examination fee for that examination only as mentioned above.
How to Pay the Application Fees:
- The fee must be paid online through Debit/Credit card/ online payment using internet banking/ NEFT through the Website: http://www.asrb.org.in
- The fees can also be paid through Cash deposit Challan in any branch of Syndicate Bank as detailed on the website of ASRB
- No other form of payment will be accepted by the Board
Number of Attempts:
- The number of attempts for appearing in the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) Examination will be limited to FOUR (4) for all candidates (whether M.Sc./Ph.D.) including the in-service candidates of I.C.A.R.
- The number of attempts for appearing in the National Eligibility Test (NET) Examination will be limited to FIVE (5) for all candidates (whether M.Sc./Ph.D.) including the in-service candidates of I.C.A.R.
- However, this restriction will not apply to SC, ST and PwD candidates, who are otherwise eligible.
- The number of attempts made by the candidates prior to ARS Examination–2011 will not be taken into account for counting the number of attempts made
- Candidates selected for appointment to the Service will be appointed as Scientists in the Service on probation for a period of Two (2) years which may be extended, if necessary.
Service agreement Bond:
- Every trainee shall be required to execute a bond to serve the Council (ICAR) for a minimum period of 4 years from the date of appointment including the period of training or Rs.125,000 in lieu of that.
Mode of Selection:
- The candidates appearing for the ARS Examination-2014 and NET-2014 will be selected on the basis of their performance through a Written Examination followed by an Interview
- There will be 1/3 marks of negative marking for each wrong answer in the Examination
- Candidates have to pass through each stage of selection with minimum cut-off percentage to be declared eligible.
- There is no provision of re-evaluation of the answer scripts.
- Question papers can be answered either in English or in Hindi as per the provisions of ICAR. Option for this needs to be indicated in the Application Form now.
How to Apply:
- The candidates need to apply through ONLINE mode at the website of ASRB at www.asrb.org.in
- The candidates are advised to read through the detailed combined notification as available at http://asrb.org.in/images/pdf/files/Notification_of_Combined_ARSNET.pdf, for understanding the basic criteria for application and selection.
- The application must be completed in all respect with factual information
- Once submitted no request with regard to change of any information will be entertained
- The applicants must upload their running signature and recent photograph at the space provided in the Online Application
- The applications are advised to keep a hardcopy of the Online Application form and fee payment challan for future reference
- The decision of the Board will be final and binding on the candidates for selection.