DG Police Of Arunanchal Pradesh Announces Opportunity For Constables In The State Police Department
Advertisement No: PHQ/PER-29/2011 Date: June 15,2012
Work in the police department is one of the most respected opportunities as the law and order maintainers of the state. And, when that happens in a state like Arunanchal Pradesh, which is considered as one of the most sensitive areas of the country, being an active area under Indo-China conflict, the importance of responsibilities of the State Police Department increases multifold with the general duties and operational boundaries.
The police department in the tribal dominated state of Arunanchal Pradesh is one of the most versatile police force in the whole country and being a part of this prestigious organization is considered to be in the order of high merit and posts of responsibility.
With the recent announcement from the Director General of Police of Arunanchal Pradesh there is an announcement for filling up of the positions of Constables in the state department of Police. The necessary details of application along with the application procedure are mentioned as underneath:
Position: Constable (in two different Units of State Police – AAPBn and IRBn)
No of vacancies: 1760
- Out of this, 80% will be reserved for Arunanchal Pradesh Scheduled Tribe (APST) and out of which 10% will be reserved for Ex-Servicemen (Ex-SM).
- 20% of the posts will be available for open competition among General categories.
- Vacancies in AAPBn – 81
- Vacancies in IRBn – 1679
Note: The APST selection will be conducted in direct mode of recruitment and SP of the concerned state will be the nodal officer for recruitment. In case there will be non-availability of required numbers of candidates for any concerned district, the vacancies will be filled up from the centralized merit list of APST for filling up of those vacancies.
- Starting date for receipt of Application Form: June 16, 2012 (from 1000 hrs till 1600 hrs on all working day)
- Closing date of receipt of Application Form: July 16, 2012
Website for Reference:
The aspirants can view this advertisement at the website of Arunanchal Police at http://arunpol.gov.in/home/advertisement.htm.
- For general candidates: Rs.40
- For APST/ Ex-SM candidates: Rs 10
The fees can be deposited through Treasury Challan.
Minimum level of eligibility criteria:
Academics: The minimum educational qualification for APST and APST (Ex-SM) candidates are fixed at 8th standard pass and that for the General category candidates is at 10th standard pass respectively. The certificate should have been obtained from any recognized government institution.
- Ideally recommended age for recruitment of Constables is in between 17-21 years as on January 01, 2012.
- However, for APST candidates the upper age is relaxable up to 5 years and that for the Ex-SM is eligible for relaxation as per the service directives.
The candidates are required to have minimum physical standard to be eligible for consideration.
Height: 165 cm (General) / 160 cm (APST) / 152 cm (for applicants from Tirap/ changlang districts)
Chest measurement: 79 cm (unexpanded) and 84 cm (expanded) (the expansion difference must be minimum of 5 cm for all)
The application form can be obtained free of cost from the following offices from June 16, 2012 onwards:
a) Police Stations
b) DC office
c) SP office
d) SP, Recruitment, Police HQ, Itanagar
e) Principal, PTC, Banderdewa
Where to Apply:
A candidate can submit their application form at the designated centers through ordinary post or by hand by the final date of submission.
The selection will be conducted in the following manner:
- Verification of documents
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Written Examination
- Merit List
- Character and Antecedent Verification