The Directorate of Town Planning is one of the vital organizations of the state of Arunachal Pradesh for implementing various developmental activities in the cities and towns of the state. This Directorate is also the nodal agency for implementation of JnNURM projects for urban development as envisaged by the Government of India. The Directorate functions dedicatedly for Capacity Building of Urban Local Bodies, under the Capacity Building Programme, sanctioned by Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India.
With the recent notification from Directorate of Town Planning & Urban Bodies, it invites applications in prescribed forms, from deserving candidates for recruitment of various positions under the JnNURM project in the state.
The details of the vacancies along with eligibility criteria for recruitment are as under:
- Date of availability of Application Form: 01-Aug-2014
- Last date for submission of completed application form: 20-Aug-2014
Details of Job Positions: (Total 30 Posts)
- Team Leader/Town Planner: 03 Positions [State RPMC-01, City/Town Level RPMC-02]
- Municipal Finance Specialist: 03 Positions [State RPMC-01, City/Town Level RPMC-02]
- Urban Infrastructure Specialist: 03 Positions [State RPMC-01, City/Town Level RPMC-02]
- Social Development Specialist: 03 Positions [State RPMC-01, City/Town Level RPMC-02]
- Environment Specialist: 03 Positions [State RPMC-01, City/Town Level RPMC-02]
- IT-cum-Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist: 03 Positions [State RPMC-01, City/Town Level RPMC-02]
Pay Scale & Remunerations:
- The candidates selected for these job positions will receive a consolidated remuneration of Rs.55000 per month till their tenure of contract.
- No other allowances and perks will be applicable for these posts.
- Remuneration will be decided by the Selection Committee based on the qualification and experience of the candidates.
- Preference will be given to experienced persons having JnNURM experience.
- Team Leader/Town Planner: The candidates must be an Urban Planner/ Management Expert having strong background in project management with 7-10 years experience (3-5 years experience for City/ Town Level ULBs) in a management position Or, should be a Senior engineers with at least 7-10 years experience (3-5 years experience for City/ Town Level ULBs) in a management position. The candidates should have Experience in working with large scale urban development projects/ programs and must have experience in urban reforms and capacity building.
- Municipal Finance Specialist: The candidates must have completed Graduate Degree in Finance with 7-10 years experience (3-5 years experience for City/ Town Level ULBs). The candidates must have skills to evaluate Urban Infrastructure investments, and helping city governments to use a range of options for financing projects.
- Urban Infrastructure Specialist: The candidates must have completed Graduate Degree in Engineering with broad range of experience in urban infrastructure and a strong background in public health engineering, especially water supply and sanitation. Must have at least 7-10 years experience (3-5 years experience for City/ Town Level ULBs). Must be very familiar with laws and procedures of the Indian municipal environment.
- Social Development Specialist: The candidates must have completed Master or Doctoral Degree in Social Sciences, with practical experiences of working in the development areas, preferably in urban development. Must have at least 7-10 years experience (3-5 years experience for City/ Town Level ULBs) in undertaking social and community development initiatives and appraisals in the municipal environment.
- Environment Specialist: The candidates must have completed University Degree in Environmental Engineering with at least 7-10 years experience (3-5 years experience for City/ Town Level ULBs) in assessing, monitoring, and mitigating environmental impacts of urban infrastructure investments.
- IT-cum-Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist: The candidates must have a Management background and at least 7-10 years experience (3-5 years experience for City/ Town Level ULBs) in monitoring and evaluating large projects and programs, preferable in the urban sector. They must be able to develop and strengthen ME system for projects, reforms and capacity building activities and must be able to monitor the status of implementation of JnNURM-funded projects.
- The applicant must not have crossed 30 years of age as on 04-Jun-2014.
- However, relaxation in upper age for reserved category of candidates will be applicable as per rules.
Tenure of Contract:
- The appointment of professionals will be on annual contract basis for a period not more than the project period (3 years) to be renewed annually based on performance and output.
- For APST candidates: Rs.100 only
- For all others: Rs.200 only
- The application fee must be paid in shape of a Treasury Challan deposited under Head of Account “0217 (UD & TP)” in favour of The Director, Town Planning & ULB’s, Mowb-II, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
- Professionals applying from outside of Arunanchal Pradesh can pay the fees of Rs.200 in shape of an Indian Postal Order in favour of The Director, Town Planning & ULB’s, Mowb-II, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
- The selection will be done on the basis of the Interview or Viva-Voice and assessment of candidature for these positions.
- The final selection of the Selection Committee will be as per a merit performance
How to apply:
- The candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions can apply through the prescribed format of application which can be downloaded from the website of JnNURM at http://jnnurm.nic.in/ or at http://arunachaltp.nic.in/sites/default/files/Advertisement-RPMC%20_Capicity%20Building_F.pdf
- Due care should be taken to fill up the Application Form neatly and correctly.
- The details of the advertisement must be referred before submitting the application
- The candidates are required to submit the Application Form complete in all respects. Photograph duly attested, should be pasted (Not Stapled in Any Case) at the space provided in the Application Form.
- They are further advised to attach attested copies of the documents/testimonials with the photo copy of the Application Form and not with the original form
- Application Form duly filled-in along with the Photocopy of certificates and fee payment receipt shall have to be submitted in the Office of the Director at the address mentioned below personally or should be mailed in the envelope by registered post to the address, before the last date notified.
- The application form and other essential document should be enclosed in an envelope and super-scribed as “Application for the post of ___________”
- Address to send the completed Application form:
Town Planning & Urban Local Bodies
Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh,
Mowb-II, Itanagar- 791111, Arunachal Pradesh