Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) is the state level nodal agency formed in line with the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment of competent positions through examination and appropriate selection methodology. This PSC is one of the most important agencies of North-Eastern Region for filling of various top cadres of government positions.
With an intention to fill up various vacancies under the state government for the year 2014, the Assam Public Service Commission will hold the Combined Competitive Examination, 2014 for the under-mentioned services/ posts in accordance with the Government of Assam regulations.
The details of the application and the procedure for submission of application are detailed as under.
Most Important Dates:
- Date of publication of the Advertisement: 02-Apr-2014
- Starting date for registration of Online Application: 10-Apr-2014 from 1200 Hours
- Last date for registration of Online Application: 10-May-2014 till Midnight
- Date for determining Age: 01-Jan-2014
- Date for Examination: Will be notified in due course
Details of the Vacancies:
- Assam Civil Service (Jr. Grade): 90 Posts (25 reserved for Women)
- Assam Police Service (Jr. Grade): 47 Posts (12 reserved for Women)
- Labor Officer: 03 Posts (no reservation for Women)
- Superintendent of Taxes: 07 Posts (02 reserved for Women)
- Superintendent of Excise: 03 Posts (01 reserved for Women)
- District Transport Officer: 07 Posts (01 reserved for Women)
- Inspector of Labor: 01 Post (no reservation for Women)
- Inspector of Taxes: 21 Posts (05 reserved for Women)
- Inspector of Excise: 01 Post (no reservation for Women)
- Reservation for SC, STP, STH, OBC, MOBC and others will be applicable as per the state government rules of Assam.
Pay Scale Provisions:
- For the Post of Assam Civil Service (Jr. Grade): The candidates selected for these positions will receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.12500 – Rs.40000 and Grade Pay Rs.5400 in PB-4 along with other incentives, perks and allowances.
- For the Post of Assam Police Service (Jr. Grade)/ Labor Officer/ Superintendent of Taxes/ Superintendent of Excise/ District Transport Officer: The candidates selected for these positions will receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.12000 – Rs.40000 and Grade Pay Rs.5400 in PB-4 along with other incentives, perks and allowances.
- For the Post of Inspector Labor/ Inspector of Taxes/ Inspector of Excise: The candidates selected for these positions will receive a remuneration in the scale of Rs.8000 – Rs.35000 and Grade Pay Rs.4300 in PB-3 along with other incentives, perks and allowances.
- The applicants must be in the age group of 21 – 38 years as on 01-Jan-2014.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST and other privileged candidates.
- The candidates interested for these posts should have completed minimum Bachelors Degree in any discipline to be eligible to apply for these posts.
- The candidates should have obtained this qualification by the last date of submission of application.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination on the closing date of submission of application need not apply.
- For SC/ ST(P)/ ST(H) category: Rs.25.00 only (As Examination Fee)
- For all others: Rs.50.00 (As Examination Fee)
- The application fee can only be deposited only through e-Challan as generated during submission of Online Application form at any branch of State Bank of India.
- The journal number generated by the Bank should be uploaded in the online application System of the Commission.
- No other mode of fee payment will be accepted from the applicants.
- Fees for Main Examination will have to remitted separately and will be declared later.
Mode of Selection:
- Depending upon the availability of candidature the Commission will conduct a Preliminary Examination, followed by a Main examination and an Interview for selection of candidates for these posts.
- OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet will be provided for answering questions.
- Candidates will have to use ONLY BLACK BALL PEN.
- The due course of selection will be intimated by the APSC and will be made available on the website of APSC at www.apsc.nic.in
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions may apply through Online Mode of application as available at the website of the APSC at www.apsc.nic.in or at www.apsconline.gov.in
- The candidates are advised to go through the information bulletin before applying for these posts
- The form should be filled with facts and authentic information
- The applicants must remit their fees through the system generated challan with the Online Application.
- The applicants need to upload their scanned signature and recent passport size photograph during filling of Online Application at appropriate spaces.
- After submission of the application form, the candidate should save and take printout of the system generated (a) Bank e-challan, (b) Registration Slip and (c) Application Form.
- There is no need to send any hardcopy of the application at this moment.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>