Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) is the state level nodal agency for recruitment of competent positions through various government and subordinate departments. With an intention to fill up 45 vacancies of Forest Rangers, in the Assam Forest Service under Environment and Forest Department the Public Service Commission will hold the Competitive Selection Examination for these posts in accordance with the Government of Assam regulations.
The details of the application and the procedure for submission of application are detailed as under.
Most Important Dates:
- Date of publication of the Advertisement: 07-July-2014
- Last date for Receipt of Completed Application Form at APSC: 08-Aug-2014
- Date for determining Age: 01-Jan-2014
Details of the Vacancies:
- Forest Ranger (Assam Forest Service): 45 Posts (out of which 11 Posts are reserved for RFW. Out of the total Posts UR-19 Posts, OBC/MOBC–11 Posts, STP-06 Posts, and SC-05 Posts. These posts are not suitable for PWD candidates)
NOTE: Reservation for SC, ST, OBC, MOBC and others are applicable as per the state government rules of Assam.
Pay Scale Provisions:
- The candidates selected as Forest Rangers will be eligible to receive a pay scale of PB-3 in the range of Rs.8000 – Rs.35000 and Grade Pay Rs.4500. Other incentives, perks and allowances will be applicable as per rules of the state government.
- The applicants must have attained 21 years of age and should not have crossed 38 years as on 01-Jan-2014.
- However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST and other privileged candidates.
- The candidates interested for these posts should have good academic record and should have completed Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Science or Engineering with at least one of the subjects from (i) Agriculture, (ii) Botany, (iii) Chemistry, (iv) Computer Applications/Computer Science, (v) Engineering (Agricultural/ Chemical/ Civil/ Computer/ Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical), (vi) Environmental Science, (vii) Forestry, (viii) Geology, (ix) Horticulture, (x) Mathematics, (xi) Physics, (xii) Statistics, (xiii) Veterinary Science, (xiv) Zoology.
The candidates interested for these posts should have good physics with the following:
- Height: Minimum 163 cm for Male and 150 cm for Female candidates
- Weight: Corresponding to height
- Chest Measurement: Minimum 84 cm for Male and 79 cm for Female candidates with minimum 5cm expansion.
- For SC/ ST category: Rs.2.50
- For all others: Rs.5.00
- For SC/ ST category: Rs.25.00
- For all others: Rs.50.00
- The application fee can only be paid in form of Government Treasury Challan in Head of Account “NON TAX REVENUE-OTHER NON TAX REVENUE-0051-PSC, 102-STATE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION APPLICATION/ EXAMINATION FEE RECEIPT OF APSC”
- No other forms of payment will be accepted.
Mode of Selection:
- Depending upon the availability of candidature the Commission may conduct a Written Examination and followed by Interview or may short-list candidates depending upon their academic marks and call them for an Interview for selection of candidates for these posts.
- The due course of selection will be intimated by the APSC and is made available on the website of APSC at www.apsc.nic.in
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions may apply through the prescribed format of application as available at the Issue and Receipt of the Assam Public Service Commission at Jawahar Nagar, Khanpura, Guwahati.
- The application forms can also be downloaded from the website of the APSC at www.apsc.nic.in .
- The candidates are advised to go through the information bulletin as available at the website of the APSC at www.apsc.nic.in or at http://www.apsc.nic.in/Ranger_Advertisement,%203rd%20July_14..pdf before applying for these posts.
- The form should be filled with facts and authentic information
- The applicants must remit their fees and attach the challan with the application form
- The application completed in all respect and attached with necessary certificates, fee payment Treasury Challan should be signed and attached with recent passport size photograph and should be submitted to the APSC at the address mentioned below so as to reach by the last date specified (i.e. 31-July-2014)
- Address to send the completed application:
Assam Public Service Commission
Jawahar Nagar, Khanapara, Guwahati – 781022
Tel: +91-361-2365426, Fax: +91-361-2368207
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>