AP PSC Announces Upcoming Vacancies In AP Technical Education Service
(Lecturers in Technical and Non-Tech Branches of Govt. Polytechnic Colleges)
Notification No: 19/2012 Date:- 30th of July 2 0 1 2
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (AP PSC) is the state level nodal agency mandated for recruitment of competent positions through various government and subsidiary departments. AP PSC has released a recent notification regarding filling up vacancies in Government Polytechnics by the end of this year viz.2012. The proforma applications are yet to be published during November this year.
The details of the notification with comprehensive recruitment related requirements are detailed as under:
Nature of Posts: Lecturers (Technical and Non-Technical)
Mode of Application: ONLINE only (No other modes of application will be accepted) through the website of AP PSC at www.apspsc.gov.in
- Date of starting of receipt of Application through Online mode: 6th of November’12
- Final date for receipt of Application through Online mode: 6th of December’12
- Last date for payment of Application Fees: 4th of December’12
- Date of written examination: 6th of January 2013
Total Number of Vacancies: 869
- The reservation to the local candidates from the state of Andhra Pradesh will be applicable as per rules and the details of which can be availed at the website of AP PSC at www.apspsc.gov.in
Nature and Number of Posts:
- Lecturer in Civil Engineering (133 posts)
- Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering (138 posts)
- Lecturer in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (138 posts)
- Lecturer in Electronics & Communication Engineering (130 posts)
- Lecturer in Computer Engineering (49 posts)
- Lecturer in Textile Technology (08 posts)
- Lecturer in Information Technology (04 posts)
- Lecturer in Automobile Engineering (05 posts)
- Lecturer in Footwear Technology (03 posts)
10. Lecturer in Packing Technology (02 posts)
11. Lecturer in Architectural Engineering (01 post)
12. Lecturer in Garment Technology (01 post)
13. Lecturer in Ceramic Technology (01 post)
14. Lecturer in Lithography (01 post)
15. Lecturer in Tannery (02 posts)
16. Lecturer in English (60 posts)
17. Lecturer in Mathematics (55 posts)
18. Lecturer in Physics (60 posts)
19. Lecturer in Chemistry (60 posts)
20. Lecturer in Commercial & Computer Practice (18 posts)
TOTAL 869 posts
Essential Eligibility Factors:
Age: The candidate must be within the age group of 18-35 years as on 1st of July 2012. However there will be relaxation in upper age limit for privileged categories, state government permanent/ temporary employees.
For Post no.1 – 11 & 14, 15: The candidate must possess a First Class Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate Branch of Engineering/ Technology as recognized by AICTE or its equivalent.
For Post No. 12 – A 1st Class Bachelors Degree in Textile Technology or 1st Class Master’s Degree in Home Science with Clothing and Textile as a subject
For Post No. 13 – A 1st Class Bachelors Degree in Ceramic Technology or a pass in Section A and B of the examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Ceramic on the lines of AMIE as recognized by AICTE or its equivalent
For Post no. 16 – A 1st Class Master’s Degree in English as recognized by UGC
For Post no. 17 – A 1st Class Master’s Degree in Mathematics as recognized by UGC
For Post no. 18 – A 1st Class Master’s Degree in Physics as recognized by UGC
For Post No. 19 – A 1st Class Master’s Degree in Chemistry as recognized by UGC
For Post No. 20 – A 1st Class Master’s Degree in Commerce along with Typewriting in Higher Grade in English and Shorthand in Higher Grade in English Conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training
Pay Scale and Remunerations:
The candidates securing a successful position as a Lecturer will be entitled to get remuneration in the pay band of Rs.15600 – Rs.39100 + AGP of Rs.5400 along with other perks and allowances as applicable by the state government (Under AICTE Scale-2006 norms).
- As Application Processing Fee: Rs.100 (for all candidates including the privileged class)
- As Examination Fee: Rs.120 (generally for all excluding the privileged class)
- As Examination Fee: NIL (for those privileged class who are exempted for relaxation as per norms)
Mode of Payment of Fees:
- A candidate will be eligible to download fee payment challan only after completing the first phase of online registration (basic details like name, father’s name, etc.)
- The candidates can then pay their fees through the challan at any AP Online centers or at any branch of State Bank of India
- The fees should be remitted through convenient options only on the next working day of the filing up basic details online through the website of AP PSC.
- The candidates from the State of Andhra Pradesh, who belong to SC, ST, OBC, PWD, Ex-Servicemen, Unemployed, and BPL (Below Poverty Line) are exempted from Examination Fees.
- The Candidates from outside of Andhra Pradesh, who belong to PWD and Ex-Servicemen are only entitles for exemption of Examination Fees. All other category of candidates from other state will not be considered for exemption.
Mode Of Selection:
- There will be a single Written Examination for selection of candidates followed by a Oral/ Verbal Interview. This examination in written mode will be with objective questions.
- The minimum percentage for qualification in the written test is 40% for UR, 35% for OBC and 30% for SC, ST, PWD and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
- The final merit list will be published on the performance of the candidates in the Written Test and Interview
- The merit list will be followed by verification of documents, and the candidates have to produce all original of documents in respect of their age, qualification and claims for special exemption, without which his candidature will be disavowed.
How to Apply:
- The candidates can apply through ONLINE mode only at the website of the AP PSC at www.apspsc.gov.in
- The candidates are required to fill in all details exactly and accurately as per supporting documents
- The candidates need to upload their photograph and signature at appropriate spaces as required on the application form
- The candidates are advised to keep true copies of the application form and fee receipt for future reference
- Any shortfall of information or wrong/ misleading information will be subject to cancellation of candidature
- Only applicants willing to serve anywhere in the Andhra Pradesh should apply.
- For any problems related to online submission and downloading of Hall-Tickets candidates can email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The candidates are advised to practice sanctity during the complete selection procedure
- The decision of the Commission will be final and binding for the candidates
- For zone-wise vacancies, candidates can refer to the website of the AP PSC at www.apspsc.gov.in
For more detail on this recruitment please refer to official advertisement from AP PSC here http://website.apspsc.gov.in/Documents/NOTIFICATIONS/183.pdf