Eastern Power Distribution Company of Andhra Pradesh Limited (APEPDCL), is responsible for undertaking distribution and bulk supply of power in the operation circles of Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, East and West Godavari districts and 20 Divisions of Coastal Andhra Pradesh. APEPDCL supplies power to over 49.7lakh consumers belonging to different categories through its network. As a leading Indian power utility serving a consumer base of over 4.97 million spread across five districts in Andhra Pradesh, it has always been a pioneer in delivering technology centric customer care services to its customers. APEPDCL has the lowest AT&C losses and one of the best in terms of operational efficiency. The Corporate Office and Headquarters of APEPDCL is situated at Visakhapatnam.
With the recent announcement, the APEPDCL is inviting competent candidature for filling up 146 vacancies of Junior Assistant (LDC) on regular basis through Online mode of application. Applicants already applied to the earlier Advertisement No. 109, Dt.21.12.2011 published on 22.12.2011 in Eenadu & Hindu shall also have to visit the APEPDCL website www.apeasternpower.com and http://apeasternpower.cgg.gov.in for further details.
The details of the vacancies and the detailed criteria for recruitment is detailed as under:
- Date of publication of advertisement: 28-Feb-2014
- Starting date for registration of Online application: 01-Mar-2014
- Last date for registration of Online Application: 31-Mar-2014
- Last date of payment of fees: 01-Apr-2014 till 0100 PM only.
Details of Vacancy Positions Circle-wise:
Junior Assistant (LDC): Total 146 Posts (Open Merit-27, Local-119)
- Srikakulam: 15 Posts (Open Merit-03, Local-12)
- Vizianagaram: 08 Posts (Open Merit-01, Local-07)
- Visakhapatnam: 19 Posts (Open Merit-03, Local-16)
- Rajahmundry: 59 Posts (Open Merit-11, Local-48)
- Eluru: 45 Posts (Open Merit-09, Local-36)
NOTE: The reservations for SC, ST, BC and others will be applicable for Andhra Pradesh state domiciles only as per the standard norms of APEPDCL
Percentage of reservation:
- BC: 25% + 4% Muslim reservation subject to orders of Government from time to time.
- SC: 15%
- ST: 6%
- Sportspersons: 2%
- The candidates appointed to the post shall be placed on Training for a period of 2 years from the date of their joining.
- The applicants will receive remuneration in the scale of Rs.10520 – Rs.19520 along with other perks and allowances as per the rules.
- For all these positions candidates must be original domicile of Andhra Pradesh. Preference will be given to local candidates.
- The applicant must have attained a min of 18 years and should not exceed a max age of 36 years as on 01-July-2013.
- The upper age will be relaxed for SC/ST/BC and other candidates as per rules.
- The Candidates applying for the Posts should have completed Degree of BA/ B.Com/ B.Sc of any recognized university along with certificate course in Computer Application/ Office Automation (MS-Office offered by the Institutions recognized by the Govt. of A.P).
- Candidates possessing Computer as one of the subjects in the Degree (B.A/B.Com/B.Sc) level need not require to have certificate in Computer course.
- Degrees awarded under Distance mode through Study Centers by other State Universities (beyond A.P. State) are not legally valid to apply.
Mode of Selection:
- The selection will be done through a merit ranking by considering the marks obtained in a Written Examination and Experience.
- The Written examination will bear 80% weightage and the Experience will carry 20% weightage.
- No Interviews will be conducted for these posts.
- For SC/ST/BC/PH & Ex.SM category of candidates: Rs.150 (Application Processing Fee only)
- For all others: Rs.500 (Rs.350 as Examination Fee and Rs.150 as Application Processing Fee)
- The Applicant should pay the prescribed Fee as per the notification in any one of the A.P. Online centers and obtain Fee paid receipt with Journal Number (12 digit) in the first instance. Applicants can also pay the fee through AP Online portal.
How to Apply:
- The applicants need to fill the application form Online Only as available at the website of the APEPDCL at www.apeasternpower.com or at http://apeasternpower.cgg.gov.in
- The candidates can get all details about this advertisement on the website of APEPDCL at www.apeasternpower.com/ShowProperty/EP_CM_REPO/Pages/Recruitment/Junior%20Asst .
- Hand written/ Typed/ Photostat copies/ Outside printed Application Form will not be accepted and liable for rejection.
- Those candidates who have already applied for these posts vide notification no: No. 109, Dt.21.12.2011 published on 22.12.2011 in Eenadu & Hindu shall also be eligible for consideration. They need not apply again except if they feel to apply afresh.
- The applicants need to ensure that they offer exact and authentic information while applying
- Any wrong/ misleading information may reject the candidature
- There is no need to send any Print copy of the Application along with other necessary credentials and certificates. However, candidates can keep one copy for their future reference.