Ammunition Factory-Khadki is considered as one of the oldest Ammunition Factories having its presence since the Britishers. Ammunition Factory Khadki came into existence on December 1869 as a Small Arms manufacturing unit of the British Government. Regular production of ammunition cartridge using gun powder for Sniders Rifle and Henry Martini Rifle commenced during 1872. After the independence Ammunition Factory Khadki became the vital defence production unit for high explosive filled bombs, small Arms cartridges, fuzes, grenades, mines, a large variety of medium and high calibre ammunition. Simultaneously development and production of ammunition for Indian Air Force and Indian Navy also commenced.
With its view to upgrade the human resources by continuous training and upgrading the skills for multi-skilled activities the Ammunition Factory – Khadki, is inviting applications for filling up various positions of Semi-Skilled Tradesman as detailed below with their respective criteria for eligibility and the norms of recruitment.
Mode of Application: Online Only through the website of Ammunition Factory – Khaddki at http://afk.gov.in
- Closing date of Online Registration – 12-April-2013 (21 days from the date of publication of this Ad on Employment News of March 23-29 edition)
- Last date for sending copy of Online application with fee – 20-April-2013
- Last date for sending copy of Online application with fee from far-flung areas – 28-April-2013
- Reference date for age and qualification – last date of application (12-April-2013)
Details of Posts & Respective Vacancies: Total 369 posts
- DBW: 94 positions (UR-47, SC-14, ST-09, OBC-24)
- Machinist: 166 positions (UR-84, SC-27, ST-15, OBC-40)
- Fitter: 59 positions (UR-35, SC-08, ST-01, OBC-15)
- Turner: 30 positions (UR-16, SC-03, ST-03, OBC-08)
- Boiler Attendant: 10 positions (UR-07, SC-01, OBC-02)
- Welder: 04 positions (UR-03, OBC-01)
- Electrician: 06 positions (UR-03, SC-01, OBC-02)
Note: Out of the total vacancies 18 posts are reserved for PWD and 37 posts are reserved for Ex-Servicemen vacancies
Essential Criteria for Eligibility:
- Age Limit –
The candidates must be between 18-32 years as on 12-April-2013. However, there will be relaxation in upper age limit is applicable as per norms for SC, ST, OBC, PWD &Ex-Servicemen candidates
- Education –
The applicants must have passed Matriculation with a National Apprentice Certificate from NCTVT in respective trades. ITI or Diploma holders in respective disciplines are also eligible to apply
The applicants selected for the job position are eligible to receive the pay in the scale of Rs.5200-Rs.20200 and a Grade Pay of Rs.1800
- For Unreserved Category & OBC: Rs.50 (per each post)
- For all reserved category such as SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen and Ex-Apprentice: Fees exempted
- The fee can be remitted through crossed Indian postal order or crossed Demand Draft issued by any Scheduled Commercial Bank drawn in favour of General Manager, Ammunition Factory Khadki, Pune 411003 (Maharashtra) and payable at Pune.
Mode of Selection:
The selection of candidates will be done through a procedure of Written Test, Trade Test and Interview (if applicable) as per specific requirement of job positions
How to apply:
- Interested candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned above can apply through ONLINE mode only at the website of Ammunition Factory at http://afk.gov.in
- The candidates need to ensure that they fill the details with facts and proofs
- After submission of the application the candidates are advised to take the printout of the form containing Registration Number and duly paste it with one self-attested passport size colour photo (not more than 3 months old) in the space provided and mark their thumb impression on form.
- The copy of the Online Application Form with copies of certificates and original IPO/ demand draft must be sent to the address mentioned below so as to reach within 8 days (16 days for applicants from far-flung areas) from the last date of submission of application form.
- The Candidates must retain their email ID and the hardcopy of the application along with the true copy of the DD/IPO for future reference.
- Any form of impersonation or misleading information may subject to disqualification
- Further details of the application can be availed at http://afk.gov.in/Upload/ADVT/ADVERTISEMENT%20MIX.pdf
Address to send copy of Online Application with the Demand Draft/ IPO:
The General Manager
Khadki Pune 411003
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>