Most of us panic when we hear the word GD (Group Discussion) in the interview process; it is because, we have a misconception that group discussion is an elimination process and not a selection process. It is truly said so, but the magic to crack the GD is simple and it holds good for anyone who takes effort to follow the below given tips. First thing to be noted is that you should have a pleasing good personality (neat clothes, properly cut hair, nails) as it will help in boosting your confidence level.
Tips to crack Group Discussion:
- Try to understand the topic as soon as the topic is given to your group. Try and initiate the discussion as it would showcase your grasping skills and enlighten your points. This will show how fast you can understand a problem. If you are initiating the discussion, be sure that you have understood the topic or else misleading the group will get you negative points.
- Body language is much more important than anything else, try to sit straight with legs in a proper position (don’t cross your legs or take your legs inside the chair in which you are sitting) and don’t point fingers on anyone. You should have a positive energy when you are speaking about the topic.
- You can also show your leadership skills, like if anyone in the group discussion doesn’t get a chance to talk because of some other group member, then you could politely ask him to give a chance to the other person.
- If you find that someone is deviating from the topic, you can politely tell them this and request them to speak on the topic only. These will show your motivating and leadership skills.
- Try to talk relevant on the topic and make note of any important point that is said in the group discussion by other members.
- Being positive is different from being rude and overconfident, so try to differentiate between the two and take part in GD with full confidence. Don’t ever indulge in an argument.
- Be loud and clear so that all the members of the GD are able to hear you. This will also help the evaluators in listening to your speech.
- Maintain eye contact only with the team members and don’t look at the judge panel, as the latter do not indulge in any part of GD, try to avoid looking at them.
- If you know any statistical facts, be sure that if it has changed over time. You can mention about this change, because providing a wrong statement in GD will lower your chance of getting through the process of selection.
- The last point which you should remember during the entire group discussion is that you should “BE YOURSELF, don’t overreact or be arrogant”.
So these are the major things that one should be careful while in a GD, so that he/she can come out with flying colors.
Is this Sarkari Job is not relevant to your Qualification/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location you want to work with; You can find All Education/ Experience/ Sector/ Company/ Location Latest Government Jobs Advertisement from Public Sector Units. Employment News - Explore your career opportunity. strong>